Tesoro 4” Concentric Coil On Mojave??

NCtoad

Has anyone tried the little 4” concentric on a mojave or silver umax or actually any other model?   These are still available and I was wondering if anyone’s tried it and what specific applications they used it for.  I was thinking it may have a place for densely polluted areas where a good find wouldn’t be very deep.  

• Like 2

I use the 4'' coil on 4 of my Tesoro/Laser 5pin machines,and its a decent little coil,i mainly use it in between OSR Oil Seed Rape crops as the stems are just like Bamboo and basically small coils in the 4''-6'' size range are the only ones that you can use,also another use for the 4'' coil and probably the most used is for Mudlarking on the Thames Foreshore or infact any mudlarking......i use mine on my Tesoro Silver Sabre,Tesoro Compadre,Laser B1 and Laser B3 my Compadre was modified so that it can accept the 5 pin coils rather than being hard wired like they usually are.

Not a depth monster coil by any means but target separation is what its all about hence why is so popular a coil for Mudlarking on the Thames.

• Like 3

Hi, these are brilliant little coils for getting in among lots of signals, I've used mine on the Laser B1 and an Outlaw. Mainly in target dense areas like old rubbish tips or bottle dumps, on stream beds - where flexibility of movement is key and school playing fields. The Tesoro 4inch coil is excellent to use and excels at fine sifting, and for the size is pretty sensitive - I always find reasonably deep for how big it is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The 4" concentric coil...that I have on the Tesoro Mojave can be used best in separation,, but don't expect a lot of depth performance from it...,,rather a very moderate range..
another thing is that in mineralization it will not work better than a 5.75" concentric coil,,,

range of 4" CC /tesoro Mojave/coil for various objects and various coins..

IMG_20220131_164722 (2).jpg

IMG_20220201_152651.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I had the golden µmax and compadre and used a bandito for a summer.  In good damp ground i have dug dimes at 10 inches and maybe a foot.  Not with the 4 inch but that little puck was a godsend in a trashy tavern parking lot that closed in the 1960's, pulled silver that i missed with bigger coils.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Noah (FL) said:

Where did you see them for sale?  
I had an older one that got smashed unfortunately.  Loved it with the Mojave for getting close tothe metal posts in playgrounds and super trashy shallow spots. 

It was Metaldetector.com, but I either read the green print of “In stock” and didn’t notice the word “No” after it or someone bought their last one after I posted.  Sorry for giving anyone hope that they were still available.  You’d think their website would take it down completely since tesoro is no longer in business and they will never be in stock again.  
https://www.metaldetector.com/tesoro-4-inch-round-concentric-search-coil-with-5-pin-connector

• Like 1