Iffy Tests Manticore Vs Deus 2 On Gold With Iron

9 minutes ago, Digalicious said:

That test was easy for any flagship detectors, as long as the iron bias isn't set high, and the recovery speed isn't set low.

"History Revisited" has an even more difficult ferrous/nonferrous unmasking test with the Legend, Simplex, and D2, than the test in Iffy's video. Only the Legend passed that test. Actually, he's got a few videos on his channel showing the Legend passing more difficult ferrous/nonferrous tests than Iffy's test. Other You Tubers show similar tests, and the 600 and 800 do just as well. Again, provided that the settings are adjusted accordingly.

Also, I don't normally do videos, but a few months ago, I was prompted to do a video on a dare. Long story short, people were amazed that a particular fringe detector was hitting a few coins that were separated and placed directly under a ferrous rod. Again, like Iffy's test, I wasn't impressed. I said that the Legend and Nox could do it even better. I was told to prove it, so I ended up doing a quick crappy quality video with my cheap cellphone. Anyway, not only did the Legend hit each coin, but it did it better than the other detector...and from the videos I've seen of ferrous/nonferrous unmasking/separation tests, the 600 and 800 would perform just as well.

What would be impressive, is if the Manti and 900 were directly compared to a Legend or original Nox (or a working D2 lol), and seeing the Manti or 900 unmasking and separating significantly better.

Moving on.........

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Maybe I won't post any more "vs" videos here even from those vid posters who most consider unbiased.  It just creates too much controversy.  Everyone can find those comparison videos on Youtube and draw their own conclusions.

• Like 2

Induction balance detectors reached their "laws of physics" limitation a long time ago when multi frequency technology was introduced. Improved raw performance since then, and always will be, "subtle" at best. Output power is government regulated, and you can only go so fast with recovery speed or you'll lose significant depth, get audio clipping, or get poor target ID. There is always a give and take.

With detectors like the D2, Legend, Nox, Manti, etc, you're going to get about the same performance, provided that the same coil size and type is used, and all the settings are the same. Well, certainly close enough that in direct comparisons, no one should be saying, "Oh wow! That detector performs way better than the others". 

• Like 2

I'm looking for a simple video hunting in an old park with a Manticore, find something just good enough to dig and then before digging, check with other machine(s) to see if you have enough reason to dig with those machines and presuming not; dig it up and let it be something good. If someone can get a Manticore to me, I know the perfect park close by. 😊

• Like 1

Detector manufacturers don't want to create the ultimate metal detector.  They want to create a detector that is just good enough to be a little better than the last guy - or the last iteration.  That way they can hold back on any breakthrough technology and release it a little bit at a time to keep detectorists buying the next 'best detector' brought to market.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dug D said:

I'm looking for a simple video hunting in an old park with a Manticore, find something just good enough to dig and then before digging, check with other machine(s)  😊

Exactly!

Now that would be a proper test, as long as the tester knows how to set up the detectors with almost identical settings.

1 minute ago, midalake said:

Pretty impressive the Manticore can confirm 3 different targets on the coil sweep. Clearly the Manticore won that test. 

The visual aid of TT will definitely help me.  Others seem more attuned to hearing the tones.  Everyone is different in how they perceive what a detector is telling them.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, midalake said:

Pretty impressive the Manticore can confirm 3 different targets on the coil sweep. Clearly the Manticore won that test. 

The Manti only did better than the D2 because XP hasn't released the update that fixes that weird ID issue. Well, either that, or the D2's Silencer was set too high.

The audio and TID on the Manti, clearly indicated a nonferrous and ferrous targets. In other words, anyone with good experience hunting in iron infested sites, would have been immediately digging regardless of Target Trace. Although showing that there is 3 targets, is kind of cool.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, PSPR said:

Detector manufacturers don't want to create the ultimate metal detector.  They want to create a detector that is just good enough to be a little better than the last guy - or the last iteration.  That way they can hold back on any breakthrough technology and release it a little bit at a time to keep detectorists buying the next 'best detector' brought to market.

Sorry, but that's not the way it works.

If any metal detecting company had breakthrough technology, they would release it, put all the other metal detecting companies out of business, then have the whole market to themselves.

Useability and the laws of physics limit depth and recovery speed. Again, both those limitations were reached many years ago. It's like what Steve Herschbach said in his article from about 5 years ago. He said, "There are limits on detector depth imposed by physics, and we are already quite near those limits".

https://www.minelab.com/usa/community/treasure-talk/recovery-speed-target-masking

• Like 1