Make Your Headphones Work With The Manticore

PSPR

I'll probably wind up going with the Garrett z-lynk too, Steve.  It's not that expensive and you can use any wired headphones you like with the adapter.

It's too bad Minelab screwed us over with another proprietary wireless system.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PSPR said:

I'll probably wind up going with the Garrett z-lynk too, Steve.  It's not that expensive and you can use any wired headphones you like with the adapter.

It's too bad Minelab screwed us over with another proprietary wireless system.

Quest also makes a transmitter/receiver combo that works really well. I have both the Garrett and Quest.

Serious Detecting has both on their website

Hopefully, someone will start making Low Latency, affordable wireless earbuds for Bluetooth LE that are Manticore/Nox 900/700 friendly soon.

I used Bluetooth headphones with my Nox 600 when I got it before the 800s were available to mere mortals. The lack of low latency made pinpointing targets with the already slightly wonky onboard pinpoint function totally frustrating. Pinpointed targets were 2 to 3" away from where they were actually buried. Digging with a shovel.....not a big deal. Digging with a screwdriver or Lesche type mini handheld due to digging restrictions.......I might as well of been using a backhoe. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Quest also makes a transmitter/receiver combo that works really well. I have both the Garrett and Quest.

Serious Detecting has both on their website

Hopefully, someone will start making Low Latency, affordable wireless earbuds for Bluetooth LE that are Manticore/Nox 900/700 friendly soon.

I used Bluetooth headphones with my Nox 600 when I got it before the 800s were available to mere mortals. The lack of low latency made pinpointing targets with the already slightly wonky onboard pinpoint function totally frustrating. Pinpointed targets were 2 to 3" away from where they were actually buried. Digging with a shovel.....not a big deal. Digging with a screwdriver or Lesche type mini handheld due to digging restrictions.......I might as well of been using a backhoe. 

I got APTX-LL earbuds for my 800 and love them. Not being able to use aftermarket wireless earbuds without an external transmitter with the new 900 and Manticore is the one thing stopping me from getting on board.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

So, now that some guy have a Manticore, has anyone tried to connect their old ear buds or headphones.

My newest headphone connect to my Nox in about 1 second, something is special about that pair.

I have a variety, but of course I can't try them, but I know that software can surprise you.

I'm asking because my NOX would connect with lots of stuff including my Samsung sound bar, not saying it worked well for detecting, but it did connect. 

I've got a couple ideas I'm going to try if I ever see a Manticore arrive at my door.  I'm looking for an "open ear" arrangement because I don't like having my hearing cut off from my surroundings.

Either that or I want some glasses with little mirrors in the corners so I can see what's going on behind me.  :laugh:

This is what I'm using on the 900 until some Bluetooth LE phones arrive on the scene.  They connected to the 800 showing the plus sign and are suppose to be rated at 30ms.  I have tried to connect every bluetooth devise I have to the 900 and nothing will connect. So, I can either connect wireless earbuds  to the one plugged into the 900 or I can plug my wired earbuds into the other one and carry it in my pocket. The volume is loud enough that I had to drop my volume down. I find the volume on the ML85's too low for my hearing and I don't like the sound quality either.  Here is a link .....

https://www.amazon.com/MiiLink-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Receiver-Adapter/dp/B08G8Q7NXZ/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1JXKDK5E8806S&keywords=1Mii%2BBluetooth%2BTransmitter%2BReceiver%2Bdual&qid=1672233175&s=electronics&sprefix=1mii%2Bbluetooth%2Btransmitter%2Breceiver%2Bdual%2Celectronics%2C135&sr=1-4&th=1

Transmitter.jpg

• Like 2

It would be very helpful if Minelab could be convinced to do a live stream to answer a few questions that we as minelab users and potential upgrade buyers would like to ask. This I feel would do them a great service and make each of us feel that our concerns actually matter to them