Make Your Headphones Work With The Manticore

PSPR

44 minutes ago, Dan(NM) said:

This is what I'm using on the 900 until some Bluetooth LE phones arrive on the scene.  They connected to the 800 showing the plus sign and are suppose to be rated at 30ms.  I have tried to connect every bluetooth devise I have to the 900 and nothing will connect. So, I can either connect wireless earbuds  to the one plugged into the 900 or I can plug my wired earbuds into the other one and carry it in my pocket. The volume is loud enough that I had to drop my volume down. I find the volume on the ML85's too low for my hearing and I don't like the sound quality either.  Here is a link .....

https://www.amazon.com/MiiLink-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Receiver-Adapter/dp/B08G8Q7NXZ/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1JXKDK5E8806S&keywords=1Mii%2BBluetooth%2BTransmitter%2BReceiver%2Bdual&qid=1672233175&s=electronics&sprefix=1mii%2Bbluetooth%2Btransmitter%2Breceiver%2Bdual%2Celectronics%2C135&sr=1-4&th=1

Transmitter.jpg

Just what the Dr. ordered?  The Amazon site's videos and documentation show that it will work as either a transmitter or receiver (a switch on the unit allows selection of which mode).  Thus those of us with our favorite headphones/earbuds can use this module in receive mode, picking up the detector's BlueTooth transmitted signal.

I hope the latency is minimal.  If actually 30 ms, that might even satisfy some of us picky listeners....  All this optionality for $30?  Or am I missing something?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Just what the Dr. ordered?  The Amazon site's videos and documentation show that it will work as either a transmitter or receiver (a switch on the unit allows selection of which mode).  Thus those of us with our favorite headphones/earbuds can use this module in receive mode, picking up the detector's BlueTooth transmitted signal.

I hope the latency is minimal.  If actually 30 ms, that might even satisfy some of us picky listeners....  All this optionality for $30?  Or am I missing something? I

I tried mounting it to the back of the speaker with a cheap 3" auxiliary cord. The problem was, I was getting a weird hum that would fade in and out when I ran a target under the coil. I decided to use the cable that came with the transmitter and move it away from the control pod and that took care the problem. The run time says 10hrs on the transmitter and 15hrs on the receiver. That'll be plenty for me.

• Like 1

I was considering this one its Bluetooth 5.3.

But I am waiting, hoping some BT LE ear buds show up for sale online in the next couple months. 

image.png.7c76fc07bf5ac7fb250d75b6e1bfb095.png

Hi guys, I'm thinking to buy the bluetooth bone conductions headphone for the manticore. What question should I ask to the shop regarding the chipset.. i dont know... bluetooth model? that compatible with the manticore or should I bring the manticore to the shop and test it out 1 by 1 😁

10 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

I hope the latency is minimal.  If actually 30 ms, that might even satisfy some of us picky listeners....  All this optionality for $30?  Or am I missing something?

Yeah. You're missing the fact that APTX-LL latency used to not be acceptable for you - now it is? :rolleyes:  Also, you will need two of these to make them work with any type of headphone (one for the detector audio out, and one for your headphones).  I've often recommended these types of receiver/transmitters for detectors such as the GPX.  Earlier in the thread I recommended a tx without a cord dongle that can plug right into the 900/M-core headphone jack.  Sometimes these Rx/Tx's have trouble pairing together in LL mode, so read the comments and fine print.

18 minutes ago, fishersari said:

Hi guys, I'm thinking to buy the bluetooth bone conductions headphone for the manticore. What question should I ask to the shop regarding the chipset.. i dont know... bluetooth model? that compatible with the manticore or should I bring the manticore to the shop and test it out 1 by 1 😁

Better take the manticore...if the bone conductors are anything but Bluetooth LE or whatever Minelab is using, not gonna work.  Make sure whatever your looking at is APTX Low Latency in case you have to use a transmitter as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chase Goldman said:

Yeah. You're missing the fact that APTX-LL latency used to not be acceptable for you - now it is? :rolleyes:  Also, you will need two of these to make them work with any type of headphone (one for the detector audio out, and one for your headphones).  I've often recommended these types of receiver/transmitters for detectors such as the GPX.  Earlier in the thread I recommended a tx without a cord dongle that can plug right into the 900/M-core headphone jack.  Sometimes these Rx/Tx's have trouble pairing together in LL mode, so read the comments and fine print.

I used them both today and they paired just fine, one as a transmitter and the other as a receiver. Also used a set of wireless earbuds without issues. They  connected to my Wire-Free earphones that I used on the Nox, no problems. The volume on all 3 exceeded the ML85's, I had no issue with lag.

21 minutes ago, fishersari said:

Don't know of any BT bone conduction headphones currently manufactured that are low latency.

6 hours ago, Dug D said:

I was considering this one its Bluetooth 5.3.

But I am waiting, hoping some BT LE ear buds show up for sale online in the next couple months. 

image.png.7c76fc07bf5ac7fb250d75b6e1bfb095.png

It's 5.3 but not BT LE low latency, APTX-LL.  5.3 doesn't necessarily enhance APTX-LL performance, however, it might improve the transceiver's battery life vs. non-5.3 units.  FWIW.

3 minutes ago, Dan(NM) said:

I used them both today and they paired just fine, one as a transmitter and the other as a receiver. Also used a set of wireless earbuds without issues. They  connected to my Wire-Free earphones that I used on the Nox, no problems. The volume on all 3 exceeded the ML85's, I had no issue with lag.

Glad they're playing nice together.  It's always a crapshoot with these devices.

5 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

You're missing the fact that APTX-LL latency used to not be acceptable for you - now it is? 

I didn't realize these were the same old tired APTX LL technology that is now obsolete.  I thought it was the new 5.3 LE.  As far as latency I'm willing to keep an open option if forced to change.  I can't just hook up the WM08 and expect it to work when it isn't compatible.  And unlike some, I'm not going to throw the baby out with the bathwater.  Grapes may not be the sweetest but they are far from sour.  If I have to slow down my target investigation swings then I'll learn to do that.

And as far as needing two, well, would you please explain this graphic from the Amazon page?

1759675461_Screenshotat2022-12-28194138.png.193a4c1cc07f6cb36dfc36ef468828ce.png

• Like 1