Make Your Headphones Work With The Manticore

PSPR

7 hours ago, PUHH said:

- "Bluetooth Low Energy" and "Bluetooth Low Energy Audio" is the different technology. 

- any Bluetooth versions can be connected to each other 

- if we can't connect any other Bluetooth device (not ML) to 700/900/Manticore, this means that the company has applied some kind of protection or authentication

Has anyone tried connecting ML85/105 headphones to a smartphone?

I have tried connecting both of the headphones to my smartphone. My phone will detect both pairs, but they will not connect. It could be that my phone is too old, it's about 2 years old.

While the newest BT is the best version and it was supposed to be universal to benefit everyone, it appears (I'm still guessing a bit) a company can use the new BT technology and apply their proprietary software so we have to buy their stuff. 

I'm annoyed, if I have to buy their stuff, where are ML BT earbuds that last 8 hr.  

There is the work around with a Low Latency BT transmitter and I see one in my future. 

• Like 1

It does appear that ML has made their BT proprietary.  I'm still guessing a bit too though.  As I've yet to read of anyone trying a BTE device with the Manticore.  They aren't terribly available or affordable just yet, so that is understandable. 

That's the only hope though I believe, that newer BTE devices will be compatible.  But, all indications thus far, seem to point towards proprietary.  I saw Dankowski comment that the Manticore BT won't be compatible with third party devices, too.

A darn shame if it is so.  I won't wear headphones in hot weather, period.  And I don't like using the speaker.

I guess there are plenty of options for velcro addons for adding the capability, but ML really screwed it up if they actually made their BTE proprietary.

- Dave

7 hours ago, Dan(NM) said:

I have tried connecting both of the headphones to my smartphone. My phone will detect both pairs, but they will not connect. It could be that my phone is too old, it's about 2 years old.

my Pixel 6 connects and saves MT105 device but the headphones won't play music from the phone....lame...

On 1/16/2023 at 4:07 PM, canslawhero said:

my Pixel 6 connects and saves MT105 device but the headphones won't play music from the phone....lame...

Your phone my be the issue. Does your phone support the Bluetooth LE and the LC3 codec?  You typically have to set that up in advanced developer settings.  I think Pixel 7 supports BT LE LC3, but not sure about the Pixel 6. I have yet to see anyone verify that the non-proprietary Bluetooth LE LC3 codec is NOT supported by the ML-85/ML-105 phones.  Until then, it's hard to judge whether ML has gone the propritary wireless route (i.e., lame) or not.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Is anyone using a BT transmitter on a Manticore (other than a Garret Z lynk) ?

I have found some on amazon in the $ 25-30 range, and they look like they should work. 

I have to wait till I actually have a Manticore before I order, I may have to return something if it doesn't work and would like to avoid that extra time. 

image.png.046c06ff5c083dd9a0722bbaa7d74672.png

• Like 1

This BT T/R should work fine as it supports APTX-LL.   Do you have a preferred set of BT APTX-LL phones you are planning to use (or purchase) with it or are you going to buy 2 of these to use with a preferred set of wired earbuds or phones?

I honestly have not heard many complaints about the quality of the included wireless phones. But I understand earbuds may be preferred in hot weather. 

I have no worries that the supplied headphone's are good quality, I only rarely used the Nox headphones and they were fine as far as quality (not that I would be a great judge), but I have several pairs of earbuds that work great and weigh about an ounce.

I started detecting with my kids with me way back, and always needed be be able to hear them, so I never got used to fully quiet over the ear headphones. 

And now these days the sun has taken its toll on me, so sun shirts and wide brim hats are always part of the plan. I'm not a fan of sun block on my face.

The little transmitter should let me use everything I have.