I Need Some Clarification About The Nox 600

DSMITH

I know in single frequencies the Nox 600 runs 4,5,10,and 15 KHz, but in multi the info I keep getting is the 600 runs the same frequencies as the Nox 800 4,5,10,15,20 and 40 KHz is this info correct or not ???

no where on Mine Labs site does it state this to be the case does it or does it not run the same frequencies in Multi frequency and why if it does did Mine Lab not just go ahead and give the option to also run the 20 and 40 KHz in single frequency operation ??? could they not have given that option and still left the Gold mode out

Thanks for any and all replies

34 minutes ago, DSMITH said:

I know in single frequencies the Nox 600 runs 4,5,10,and 15 KHz, but in multi the info I keep getting is the 600 runs the same frequencies as the Nox 800 4,5,10,15,20 and 40 KHz is this info correct or not ???

no where on Mine Labs site does it state this to be the case does it or does it not run the same frequencies in Multi frequency and why if it does did Mine Lab not just go ahead and give the option to also run the 20 and 40 KHz in single frequency operation ??? could they not have given that option and still left the Gold mode out

Thanks for any and all replies

In a nutshell, the single frequency options on the Equinox 600 and 800 have no correlation to the two or three frequencies that are combined in Multi-IQ to generate the simultaneous multi-frequency transmit signal (that's right, Multi-IQ DOES NOT combine 5+10+15+20+40khz, it combines two (sometimes 3) widely displaced, carefully chosen frequencies).   The 600 has fewer single frequency options than the 800 but the Multi-IQ Simultaneous Multi-frequency profiles for both detectors are the same for a given mode as stated in the note below the diagram below.  HTH.

SmartSelect_20200812-222954_Drive.thumb.jpg.5b2fda78da1c2fa4910aeeb9910cd072.jpg

6 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

In a nutshell, the single frequency options on the Equinox 600 and 800 have no correlation to the two or three frequencies that are combined in Multi-IQ to generate the simultaneous multi-frequency transmit signal (that's right, Multi-IQ DOES NOT combine 5+10+15+20+40khz, it combines two (sometimes 3) widely displaced, carefully chosen frequencies).   The 600 has fewer single frequency options than the 800 but the Multi-IQ Simultaneous Multi-frequency profiles for both detectors are the same for a given mode. HTH.

well I guess I will have to like your reply by posting this up I am out of Likes LOL

Thank you Chase

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DSMITH said:

well I guess I will have to like your reply by posting this up I am out of Likes LOL

Thank you Chase

Thanks.  The question asked is not uncommon.

Beleive me ML's use of the above diagram and how it "implies" all 5 single frequencies are combined to create Multi-IQ confused a lot of people and generated a lot of heated debate.  ML was playing on the common misconception that the more frequencies combined tge better, when in reality all you need are two frequencies to be combined to get the job done and most of the heavy lifting is done by the signal processing software.  

Because of the confusion and blowback from knowledgeable engineers that ML was unnecessarily conflating the single frequency options and Multi-IQ, ML relented and added the footnote to their confusing cloud "diagram" to note that the diagram is "representative only".

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

Thanks.  The question asked is not uncommon.

Beleive me ML's use of the above diagram and how it "implies" all 5 single frequencies are combined to create Multi-IQ confused a lot of people and generated a lot of heated debate.  ML was playing on the common misconception that the more frequencies combined tge better, when in reality all you need are two frequencies to be combined to get the job done and most of the heavy lifting is done by the signal processing software.  

Because of the confusion and blowback from knowledgeable engineers that ML was unnecessarily conflating the single frequency optionsThanks again appreciated and Multi-IQ, ML relented and added the footnote to their confusing cloud "diagram" to note that the diagram is "representative only".

Thanks again appreciated