Hey can anyone out there give me any info about the Hoopa Rez area--- the Trinity River goes right thru it is all I know.

I have been offered a job there so I am checking out the possibility of gold on the rez---- there is a copper mine i think..

I will have to get permission from the tribe to detect or pan/sluice i imagine--- but since they need a nurse I may be able to bargain with them...

I don't know about Hoopa Res, but we have a nice VA hospital here. To top it off I think I saw some gold around here someplace.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, vanursepaul said:

Hey can anyone out there give me any info about the Hoopa Rez area--- the Trinity River goes right thru it is all I know.

I have been offered a job there so I am checking out the possibility of gold on the rez---- there is a copper mine i think..

I will have to get permission from the tribe to detect or pan/sluice i imagine--- but since they need a nurse I may be able to bargain with them...

Where are all you NorCal boys at????

I need some feedback..... c'mon

Boy you do get around. Worked on the Dom a bunch over the last 20 plus years. You may have seen me, Exceptional good looking guy and always in white:rolleyes:

• Like 1

I have only been as far as Pigeon Point Camp Ground, near Weaverville.  Fantastic gold in those canyons with a ton of claims and some private property.  We detected on open land and did very well and that was just a month ago.

7 hours ago, sjmpainter said:

Boy you do get around. Worked on the Dom a bunch over the last 20 plus years. You may have seen me, Exceptional good looking guy and always in white:rolleyes:

Yeah, I remember you !!

Sorry about the white straight jackets....that's the only colors they give us....lol

I was the hillbilliy that worked nights--sometimes with Steve (the duck hunter from Alyeska)

So you are working over near Hope huh.... big town.... i like going over there...looking back across the arm....

• Like 1

What year's did you work at the Dom?

My brothers wife worked there a few years back as a counselor. On that note a few years back contracting hired us to paint the interior. Well they let the gals in admin pick the colors. Titty pink as I referred to it. As I recall that got changed to blue after the admin area.

I am on Canyon creek. Only took five years for some ground to open up. Persistence pays off.

• Like 1

Yes Paul, there's a lot of gold on and around the Hoopa Reservation. Both the Trinity and the Klamath Rivers have great gold. You will definitely have to get permission from the tribe to prospect on reservation  lands. Much of the lands beyond the reservation are claimed.

I was just through this area for work about 2 weeks ago. This is beautiful and wild country.

Good Luck Paul

Mike

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, delnorter said:

Yes Paul, there's a lot of gold on and around the Hoopa Reservation. Both the Trinity and the Klamath Rivers have great gold. You will definitely have to get permission from the tribe to prospect on reservation  lands. Much of the lands beyond the reservation are claimed.

I was just through this area for work about 2 weeks ago. This is beautiful and wild country.

Good Luck Paul

Mike

Thanks Mike, I took the job!