Detector Manufacturers " Making Detectors Or Making Money"

Pleas

4 hours ago, Tom T said:

Of course they are, but take the Chevy small block as a good example of changing some of the internals and leaving the basic block pretty much in the original configuration… I still have to buy parts to keep it running but nobody has to retool to make spare/consumable parts, thus keeping the costs down… the HEI distributor that sits in it now wasn’t available till later years, same as the Edelbrock carb… both of which would probably work in ANY old Chevy/GMC small block…that’s why the SBC is such a popular choice for people building old hotrods.

Good business decisions??? That’s debatable. 😎

I'm Mopar, not Chevy, and did I say anywhere about good business practices. I kept it simple. Businesses are there to make money. I have a roofing g company. I'm not doing it for a hobby.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2022 at 3:05 PM, madtuna said:

Yep…imagine my horror when my land cruiser got a flat so I went to fit the spare from my Corolla and it wouldn’t fit!

Never buying a Toyota again! I just know they changed the size and stud pattern just to pi$$ me off.😃

Just silly

3 hours ago, deathray said:

Pleas

I'm Mopar, not Chevy, and did I say anywhere about good business practices. I kept it simple. Businesses are there to make money. I have a roofing g company. I'm not doing it for a hobby.

Not paying attention, The discussion is not about business making money, of course they should.

5 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Detectors are more like cell phones, and all it takes is watching this forum to understand people are lined up to buy new detectors on a regular basis. People get downright grumpy when nothing new comes along. Anyone excited by the new Fisher offering? No, because there is not one. I think you vastly underestimate the number of people with a 600 or 800 that will get a 700 or 900 Simon. Warranties are running out, and not everyone is going to step up to a Manticore. I bet the 900 becomes their best selling model, not the Manticore.

Not silly, paying attention and evidence that big business may have us where they want us, to be consumers. Obviously I understand that they keep upgrading, that is part of their business plan and making money. It's okay to make better cell phones and detectors and make money from it. But as sevastras pointed out even the U.S. government stepped in to control the amount of times they could change charging ports, can't we expect some standardization. At the very least, even if it's to reduce landfill. So we go full circle back to my opening statement on this topic, which rounds it off nicely for me, others may keep arguing that business can make money, or try to fit a corolla wheel to their land cruiser.      

• Haha 1

• The title was changed to Detector Manufacturers " Making Detectors Or Making Money"