Legend Finally Gets Some Gold

Calmark

I finally managed to find some gold with the Legend today during a brief stop at a play structure in a park.  This particular spot has a base of sand and gravel and a newer top layer of rubber mulch.  The plan was to use the Legend + 6in. coil to dig up all signals including all of them in the foil range in the hopes of getting some gold.  Well, the plan worked and the Legend now has a 14k gold angel pendant to it's credit.  The chain ended up being just plated.  

I was running disc pattern (G)ground and 60 tones.  Sensitivity was at 28, Field 2 mode.  I set my first tone break down from 11 to 8 and had IF at 8 with recovery speed 5.  

The pendant gave a solid ID# 14 reading and as you can see in the picture, was right near the surface.  The chain was actually just below a leaf in the picture.  Depth was maybe 2-3inches.  Interestingly, away from the junk chain, the pendant gave an ID# of 15.  I guess the chain pulled the ID down a little.  I got zero response sweeping the chain once out of the hole, so it was only found by being with the pendant still.

Even though the pendant only weighs .82 grams of 14k, its a start and I hope the Legend keeps on finding more gold.    

IMG_20221211_122234_01.jpg

20221211_122822.jpg

• Like 8

Id 14 is interesting. 

I use the Legend and I know that Gold can ring up as low as 14.....can slaw range. 

Every time I get 14s, 20s etc I know I could be passing up gold. So I dig most signals like this unless I find can slaw near them. 

I have not found Gold yet. Great find. 

• Like 1

Dirtshark, gold is not easy to find at all due to there being soooo much aluminum and other trash out there on land which makes locating gold much like searching for a needle in a haystack.  Its been 6 months since my last gold on land, so it takes a long time for most of us.

ID# 14 is definitely a number where I also find a lot of tiny can slaw and larger, wadded up foil.  I chose Field M2 for this search because unlike Park mode, Field doesn't compress ID# range 11 to 14 into mostly an 11 ID#.  A #14 for this pendant gave me a clue from the number it was something likely more solid at least.   I tend to use Park mode and/or M1 when I feel like ignoring more of the lower numbers (and hopefully only aluminum) targets in a really trashy area.  

• Like 4