Cold And Windy Relic Hunt

Another hunt and another great day of finds.

Hope the weather holds out for you to make some more finds before the cold weather sets in.

Are your feet staying warm when your out there as I seem to remember you saying that when they get cold they hurt.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Are your feet staying warm when your out there as I seem to remember you saying that when they get cold they hurt.

Thanks VL. I've mentioned it before that I have Raynaud's syndrome in my hands and feet. When the temperature drops below 50, all the blood leaves my fingers and toes, the vessels shrink. Some people I know get it in just a few fingers, my wife has it in her nose. 😀 (Ray-nose)

If I stay in that condition for too long, two things are possible. In extreme cold (anything below freezing) I can get frostbite faster than other people. Luckily that has never happened but it's been close, I've had them turn blue. I have to wear mittens when shoveling snow.

The worst thing to me is somewhere in the middle there before frostbite, if I don't get my hands and feet warm enough, when the blood returns it is extremely painful. I've had sciatica in my leg, but this is the most pain I've ever felt in my life. It's like having your hands and feet in a vise that keeps getting tighter. 😵 And of course my fingers don't tan 🤣 As they warm up it stops.

I've had it all my life but didn't know what it was until a few years ago when I talked to a doctor about it. Always wondered what it was. There are some heart meds that help a little bit by opening up vessels and capillaries. Other drugs work but they do damage.

Last year I got the new generation electric heated socks and gloves that last all day, they are a huge help and allow me to get out in the cold more. The only problem with that is they generate EMI, and affect the pinpointer too. The Equinox can't find a clean frequency, but the Deus can.

If anyone is interested in heated stuff I'll post some links, Amazon has a lot of them. Get the ones with the long lasting LiPo batteries and run them on the lowest settings you can stand.

The ground rarely freezes here so I can hunt all winter.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, kac said:

44 is nice out, you need to move north 🙂

Cool finds!

Thanks kac, 🤣 I moved South hoping it would help. Didn't move far enough. Had a rough time up there in the winter.

• Oh my! 1

8 hours ago, geof_junk said:

Interesting finds, go get some more for me to drool over.

Thanks, I'll be here all winter 🥁 (Ba dum tishhh) 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Nice hunt, like the key!

Thanks! Wish I found the whole thing, but it probably wouldn't have been there, kinda hard to lose one that big. 😀

• Like 1

Hey Bob,

Your detector and coil testing always keeps me interested; and of course,  finds! Even when I don't own a Deus! 

BTW, you don't have to worry much about Raynaud's in Florida!!🌞😁 Now heat exhaustion, that's another story!! But relics can be a little scarce here!!😔👍👍

• Like 1