Deus Shafts In Production...

steveg

11 hours ago, steveg said:
... 1 that I've redistributed 20% of the shaft's weight to the "back end" of the shaft (in the arm cuff), making it a better-BALANCED shaft than the stock offering

Yes it is important to reduce the shaft front end weight . On my home made D2 shaft I even use a 0,5mm thickness carbon lower shaft ( yes half a mm ... ), this to save weight ...  

You have done a very nice job btw , may be I will order one later if ordering is possible from outside the US .. 

• Like 2

I am interested in the lower shaft clevis. Does it copy Deus with the one washer design or does it use two washers for the coil ?

• Like 2

Looking beautiful Steve. Now, fill the tubes with Helium... lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What I'm seeing here is that you're making a really tough shaft for the Deus 2, the lightest detector there is. 👍 To me weight is not much of an issue especially if it's just an ounce or two. Water hunting is my main interest with this purchase, the stock rig is fine on land, especially with the new lower that comes with the 13" coil. The cuff is really great, I hope you will offer them separately as well as lowers. Will it fit your other shafts?

Great job Steve!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, palzynski said:

Yes it is important to reduce the shaft front end weight . On my home made D2 shaft I even use a 0,5mm thickness carbon lower shaft ( yes half a mm ... ), this to save weight ...  

You have done a very nice job btw , may be I will order one later if ordering is possible from outside the US .. 

Yes, sir -- it is certainly possible; I have many overseas customers, although shipping and VAT/import duties make it more expensive...

But I'd be glad to have you as a customer, and thnk you for the kind words!

Steve

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Carolina said:

I am interested in the lower shaft clevis. Does it copy Deus with the one washer design or does it use two washers for the coil ?

Carolina, I do have two washers installed, but only the one one the left side serves a purpose, as far as contacting the coil ear.  The one the right sits "flush" with the face of the clevis -- i.e. all it does is fill the round "washer cavity" in the clevis.  Technically, you don't even need it, but I figure it would keep some sand, etc., out.  Plus, it gives you an extra washer, to use on the other side, once the other one wears down a bit.  Anyway, on the right-hand side of the clevis, the contact between the coil ear and the clevis is made by that Deus "plug."  IN other words, it works the same way your Deus lower works.

Make sense?

Steve

• Like 2

2 hours ago, martygene said:

Looking beautiful Steve. Now, fill the tubes with Helium... lol

LOL!  Thanks, martygene!

1 hour ago, F350Platinum said:

What I'm seeing here is that you're making a really tough shaft for the Deus 2, the lightest detector there is. 👍 To me weight is not much of an issue especially if it's just an ounce or two. Water hunting is my main interest with this purchase, the stock rig is fine on land, especially with the new lower that comes with the 13" coil. The cuff is really great, I hope you will offer them separately as well as lowers. Will it fit your other shafts?

Great job Steve!

Bob, 

Yes, I'll offer additional lower rods, soon, and yes -- the cuff will fit my other shafts.  It's a nice cuff, and I figure some may want one for different shafts.  

Thanks!

Steve

• Like 1

4 hours ago, steveg said:

the contact between the coil ear and the clevis is made by that Deus "plug."  IN other words, it works the same way your Deus lower works

Thanks. That has proven to be a bad design here in VA. oceanfront. Sand is eating the clevis away on the non washer side. I’ll try and send a picture. Thanks again. This is my friend Dennis’s. I modded mine in the beginning to a washer on both sides. He switched to the centering device to stop the wear on his coil ears

8985875C-6A30-47DA-BE37-D75B43652F05.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1