Deus Shafts In Production...

steveg

Very nicely done. My lower shaft camlock is starting to loosen up on my D2 so I'm likely going to need a replacement soon. Once the holidays are over I'm going to stress to my wife that without a new set up I will become just average and all her new rings will be junk unless I get this. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Skate said:

Very nicely done. My lower shaft camlock is starting to loosen up on my D2 so I'm likely going to need a replacement soon. Once the holidays are over I'm going to stress to my wife that without a new set up I will become just average and all her new rings will be junk unless I get this. 

The camlocks are $12 each, I bought two of them. 😀 Better to have spares and not need them than not being able to find any when you do 🤣 When my D2 shaft comes in a couple of days I'll be setting up a second D2 that only cost me about $300. Even got a second WSA II.

• Like 3

Skate, 

Wish my cam locks would fit your shaft.

CPT -- remind me of your email address...

Carolina,

I am on vacation, so do not have much time to give a thorough response.  But -- in short -- I have a solution for that.

I DO NOT LIKE Deus's design where they use that "plug" or "peg" that fits through the coil ear.  My design allows you to use that plug, as is -- just as you do with the stock shaft.  The only "washer" in include on that side of the lower rod "clevis," sits" flush inside the rounded "cavity" that surrounds the bolt hole.  BUT -- my THINKING there is that some folks will want to dump that "plug" design in the future, and use an actual washer on that "right-hand" side of the clevis, INSTEAD of the plug that goes through the coil ear.  And so, I've designed it such that just by using a thicker washer, we can achieve that.  You'd simply sand your plug to the thickness of the coil ear, and then insert it into the coil ear (i.e. it would be "flush" with the coil ear, and its only purpose would be to make the coil ear hole "round," to properly accommodate the coil bolt).  Then, by using a proper-thickness washer (4mm, if I recall, but I can double check), you could forego using Deus's "system," and use a standard 2-washer system.  Again, no time to elaborate now, but I have a fix for this, for those who find it a problem.

THANKS ALL -- sorry for those I've not responded to (vacation).

Steve

• Like 4

I received my shaft yesterday and started putting it together tonight. All I can say is the quality, workmanship and attention to detail is Top Shelf and OFF the charts perfect. Beautifully made!! Thanks Steve!!! Enjoy your vacation and may you and your family have a great Holiday Season!!

Steves shaft.jpg

• Like 4

mudwhale

Wow!  THANK YOU for the incredibly kind words!

I wish you and your family a wonderful Holiday as well!

Steve

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mudwhale said:

I fished the antenna wire through the shaft and it worked out fine. The antenna should come in a 5 foot length instead of the super long one they give you.

Antenna grip end.jpg

Antenna coil end.jpg

Antenna wire coil and remote.jpg

Thanks for the pic and sharing the point about running the wire inside; glad the fish-through wasn't tough...

Thanks!

Steve

• Like 1