Deus Shafts In Production...

steveg

They look great! I frequently break down my detector to put in a Camelbak backpack. I have it down to a science at this point so it only takes me a minute or two to put it back together and be ready to detect.
It just barely fits in there though, so, any longer than stock and it wouldn't work for me, in fact an inch or two less would be ideal.

GKman -- I can custom-build the shaft to different lengths, no problem at all.  I'm happy to work with you to get the section lengths exactly what you want them to be, no problem at all.

Steve

• Like 1

On 12/22/2022 at 4:30 PM, CPT_GhostLight said:

I think Gigmaster shows how to cut that antenna wire down to a shorter length and reuse the clip in one of his videos.

Thank you! I will look that up. I already noticed you can pull the end with the slots right off. You should be able to slide it back on to a cut down wire.

Thank you again.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, mudwhale said:

Thank you! I will look that up. I already noticed you can pull the end with the slots right off. You should be able to slide it back on to a cut down wire.

Thank you agin.

That's an interesting thought then: Can the waveguide be used with the WS6 Master for shallow water hunting? 🤔

There are no physical connections, just proximity to an internal transmitter antenna. 🤔 🤔

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

That's an interesting thought then: Can the waveguide be used with the WS6 Master for shallow water hunting? 🤔

There are no physical connections, just proximity to an internal transmitter antenna. 🤔 🤔

Don't know about the WS6 Master. The antenna is just an insulated wire. It has been demonstrated that using any wire at all accomplishes the same thing. I happen to like the design of the factory clips instead of Duct Tape.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

That's an interesting question. I don't know of anyone who has tried that yet, but it seems like it would work. It would be easy enough to test. 😎

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

That's an interesting question. I don't know of anyone who has tried that yet, but it seems like it would work. It would be easy enough to test. 😎

Haha, not right now! Maybe toward the end of the week after this miserable cold and wind go away. 😀 It just occurred to me that it "should" work, and would be a very interesting test. You have to go over 3" deep in the water to lose comms with the coil. The RC unit must have its receive antenna on the top where you snap the waveguide on, so the WS6 has to have something somewhere. 😀 Probably would use a zip tie instead of duct tape. 😁

Wouldn't recommend it where there are waves or wakes, but a fairly placid lake, river or stream might be a good place for it. In water you have the slow motion stress of swinging a detector, I wonder if having a much lighter one would make any difference. 🤔

One definitely would have to be careful, the WS6 isn't all that waterproof.

• Like 2

On 12/18/2022 at 5:29 PM, Skate said:

Very nicely done. My lower shaft camlock is starting to loosen up on my D2 so I'm likely going to need a replacement soon. Once the holidays are over I'm going to stress to my wife that without a new set up I will become just average and all her new rings will be junk unless I get this. 

Skate, I never replied directly to this message, but it made me chuckle!  🙂 Yes, you can tell her that you certainly won't be able to find rings anymore unless you have a new shaft (and the prior ones you've found her will turn into junkers unless you upgrade, LOL!)

Steve

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Coil your cable like the CTX. Also exit by the RC mount so you can collapse the upper shaft to the cuff.

96326900-FEF2-4CEE-AB29-C54C874E6A05.jpeg

CE83B430-AE03-439B-A06A-62858115C373.jpeg

• Like 3