Surprise Silver Never Throw It Away

PI-Man

Nice find! I wish my wife could detect with me, but I've given her 4 gold rings this year so she's happy. 😀 She can't get around well anymore due to a few operations. Glad yours likes the hobby. 👍

You sure know it's silver when it leaves all that black behind! Don't need no stinkin' sterling or 925... 😁 Is it old?

The coin could be an old Spanish copper Cob, but you'll be lucky to get any details. Be careful.

Hint... Follow your posts using the follow button below or by flipping the follow switch before you post. That way you'll be notified when people comment without quoting you. 

• Like 3

Great looking finds and glad that you have someone that works with you.

Someday I am going to get back out there and do some detecting again, just been working to much.

Good luck on your next outing.

• Like 2

Yes I am very lucky to be able to detect with my wife.  She is usually in dry sand and I am in the wet.  We cover a lot of ground.  She is using VLF and me my pulse normally — so it’s a good combination.  

Now the twice bad part.  It’s Bad when someone loses something than it gets really bad when I find something and she takes it from me.  Lol.  Usually the days she is not with me she is waiting in driveway when I pull up.  She usually opens tailgate to get to the bin where I put the good finds in before I can even get out if vehicle.  Hahahaha it’s true.😀

The silver since it’s pitted like that I am only betting maybe 20 plus years.  Hard to tell, but I would say somewhat modern since I was able to find something similar online.  The copper I do not think a coin maybe something else.  I am going to have a few guys look at it.

350 —  thanks for info on the ‘follow stuff’.  I’ll learn eventually with the help of everyone.  Sorry to hear about wife.  4 gold rings that makes everyone happy.  See in my situation it would be the ones she finds and the ones I lose right after I find them to………..lol

valens — thanks don’t let that work thing get in way make the time, but it happens to me too.  Like they say don’t blink it goes by quick especially if life throws that curve ball at us.

• Like 3