AQ Control Pod Mounting Issue

On 12/13/2022 at 7:42 PM, cjc said:

Has anyone had  their control pod come lose on this detector?

Pressed my thumb aganst the panel and noitced that it was moving and not secured. Doesen't seem to be any obvious fix although there's a screw visible at the side of the handle when you roll the foam down.

Still works but only an impact away from disaster...

cjc

I get back into the mod of changing things I want to change out that shaft to carbon fiber along with the handle, be interesting to see if I can work my battery into the carbon fiber. 

2 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

I get back into the mod of changing things I want to change out that shaft to carbon fiber along with the handle, be interesting to see if I can work my battery into the carbon fiber. 

Nice sounding mod--if anyone can., you can Joe.

cjc

• Like 1

Now that I've had a chance to look at this more closely with the foam down--I guess it is a break--but a very clean one like it was  on a mold seam.  In any event it's not that serious--I can always try that super hard graphite / baking soda / crazy glue combo that looks pretty efffective--if FT can't help me.  Shocking though in that nothing was done to it (coming from a vetran of detector destruction)--this one never took the slightest impact. 

cjc

2 hours ago, bklein said:

Can the detector sense carbon fiber like my Carrot pinpointer can?  Maybe fiberglass is better?

Something that I will check before I start. I have heard CF can conduct electric so it could be possible it has a small signature.

12 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Something that I will check before I start. I have heard CF can conduct electric so it could be possible it has a small signature.

Carbon fiber can be detected with a pin pointer. Has always been that way. It is of little consequence though as IF the coil senses it, it is balanced out. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bklein said:

It has always been practice to minimize detectable materials in detection range. It would be good to see someone run target depth tests with different shaft types.

Although the pin pointer gives a response to the “wound” CF shaft it does not to the supplied extruded XP Deus ll. Also the Deus coils will not respond to the “wound” CF shaft nor the Deus ll extruded shaft marked CF. It I not an issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bklein said:

CJC, could you post some photos of the wobbly shaft issue?  Mine came back from Fisher without this being addressed. I baby it so maybe it’s a non-issue for now(?) Maybe all are like mine out of the factory?

Try tightening the bolt in the handle. Both mine are rock solid. Peel back the foam handle to access.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1