This is my pick.....much faster at recovering/discounting targets. Quick kick of the ground and if it moves out of the loose stuff i move on. Pesky pellets are a little more annoying but general a inch into the hard stuff and if the target comes out i move on. The golddigger pick only comes out for deeper stuff. A quick recovery is a good recovery. See too many people stuff around on a hole for 10 minutes when it could have been done in 30 seconds.

IMG-3146.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jin said:

This is my pick.....much faster at recovering/discounting targets. Quick kick of the ground and if it moves out of the loose stuff i move on. Pesky pellets are a little more annoying but general a inch into the hard stuff and if the target comes out i move on. The golddigger pick only comes out for deeper stuff. A quick recovery is a good recovery. See too many people stuff around on a hole for 10 minutes when it could have been done in 30 seconds.

IMG-3146.JPG

Finding shallow targets it's a luxury to me...... Everything I dig is 12" to 18" inches and tons of rocks...... I get lucky once in a while with one the size of a scoop in length ...... I do try kicking shallow target but the ground here in Arizona is like concrete .....

Manny's Phone #3 028.jpg

Manny's Phone #3 053.jpg

Manny's Phone #3 099.jpg

Manny's Phone #3 131-2.jpg

Manny's Phone #4 013-2.jpg

01.09.20 Manny Phone Braw E-Bay 028.jpg

Lost Mine Scottsdale 01.15.20 022.jpg

To clarify, what I mean is if you are constantly digging 12 to 18 inch holes in concrete hard rock strewn ground, you need a good and larger heavy duty pick.

I'm sure your pick is a beauty and I don't want to take away from that but it looks a bit light on...the blade is obviously the front part cut off a shovel as can been seen by the indent in the middle. 

I can see some of the ground you've pictured resembles some of ours, and I'm afraid I'd kill that pick in under a week by either snapping the handle or bending the blade. Even if I didn't, frustration and fatigue would see me lobbing down a mineshaft.

You need a pick to do the work, not you to work the pick.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, madtuna said:

Thank god your pick has a lifetime guaranty then....you're going to need it

Yeah, the picks suffer with hard material and abuse, the owner lives by the moto " Try To Break It" .... The guy lives in my area here in Arizona.... So I just drive by and have him sharpen it, poly the wood, and keep it always in top condition....Ha ha..... Don't tell him that ....... I'm going to carry it in my Apex Pick holder on my belt, so I needed a pick that wouldn't pull my pants down.... Not a pretty sight.

MVIMG_20200131_123158-01.jpeg

3 minutes ago, madtuna said:

To clarify, what I mean is if you are constantly digging 12 to 18 inch holes in concrete hard rock strewn ground, you need a good and larger heavy duty pick.

I'm sure your pick is a beauty and I don't want to take away from that but it looks a bit light on...the blade is obviously the front part cut off a shovel as can been seen by the indent in the middle. 

I can see some of the ground you've pictured resembles some of ours, and I'm afraid I'd kill that pick in under a week by either snapping the handle or bending the blade. Even if I didn't, frustration and fatigue would see me lobbing down a mineshaft.

You need a pick to do the work, not you to work the pick.

Well the guy that makes it dared me to break it ...... So I'm on it ........ I'm going on Sunday to Wickengurg AZ to tear up some quartz veins ...... and try the Hermit .....

• Like 1