Nokta Legend Or Minelab Equinox 900?

I also am very interested in the relative performance each gives an objective, experienced user; especially in some mineralization and also the Manticore. I think Jeff mentioned he has a 900 on the way. He will report I'm sure.

I really like the Legend and have been impressed with it's versatility & high performance is all kinds of conditions. The fact that it is also a great value/bargain should not lead someone to think it is lacking in capabilities. I can't imagine even the Manticore being 2-3X better, though I would like to have one to play with, but not able to justify the price. NM's coming PI will probably be irresistible to me though.

• Like 2

I don’t see a problem in I’d buy them both. You going to need a backup and later down the road you can determine the one you want to call a backup.

Motto to remember. You can never have too many detectors.

Chuck 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Hopefully with the Nox 900 or Manticore you don't need a backup, surely the quality has improved this time around.  Usually people and businesses are capable of learning from their mistakes.

• Like 2

I’ve been down the road of not having a backup and I paid for my stupidity.

What I’m talking about is when you just made a thousand mile trip but that new detector was working great the day I left home. I had been testing it on different size nuggets but at home the ground wasn’t as hot as where I was headed .

When I turned that little jewel on I knew it and I both had a problem. At that time I didn’t have a backup but I make sure that don’t happen to me again.

When I got back from my site seeing trip I sent it in and it got fixed. Now I look like a traveling salesman with all the detectors I’m carrying.

That’s why I say you can’t have too many detectors.

Chuck 

• Like 7

For what it’s worth, my Legend is more stable on saltwater beaches than my EQ 800.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, midalake said:

Can you explain more? Wet sand? Wet sand water contact?  Do you have any black sand? 

Thanks 

I primarily detect on Atlantic beaches in the Eastern US. There is no black sand where I hunt. I use both my Legend and EQ 800 on the wet sand and in the surf up to waist deep. I switch over to my Excal II when I go in further than waist deep.

On my Legend, I can run the sensitivity wide open (in Beach Mode) and it’s very quiet even when the coil sweeps in/out of the saltwater. On my EQ 800, I have to lower the sensitivity (in Beach Mode 1) to achieve stable performance but I still get some noise when the coil sweeps in/out of the saltwater.

They are both great detectors but the Legend is quieter and more stable where I use it.

• Like 6

The 900 looks like it's out performing the Manticore in some of the newest videos online which I hope isn't the case since I have one on the way so I'm guessing it's a little better than the Legend. That being said the Legend is super fun machine and my backup to my Deus 2. If it was all I had I'd still be happy. Absolutely the best detector for the money in my opinion. 

• Like 3