One Heck Of A Relic Hunting Road Trip

Nice bit of work there! Sorry about the mishaps, I'd be happy to be home, but excited to get back there. 👍 Really like the buttons and trade stuff.

There should be pipes everywhere here, but I haven't found a single piece of one in over 2 years now. I've heard some find them and supposedly there is an Indian settlement somewhere near where I live, but bupkus. 🤷‍♂️ At least I know what some of the stuff looks like now thanks to you. 🙂

Gotta be dangerous to ride bicycles in arid areas, there are a lot of surprises. 😵 Glad you're ok, looking forward to your next exploits! 

• Like 2

Thanx for the closeup of the religious medallion.   What's the other side look like ?  Anything visible ?  I love how it was so-worn down that the image is a blur.  That is definite early-contact era (1700s ?)   Love it !

And the re-purposed bottle base is exactly what the fur-trade md'ing buffs cherish :   Things like glass and metal were new to the Native Americans, they would re-tool benign items into various other things, adornment, tools, etc.....   That fits in nicely with the history of this site.  Possibly dating to even prior to the westward-ho era times (ie.: to exploration era).  To a time when manufactured goods would have been a rarity, then anything was used over-&-over, and re-tooled. 

• Like 4

Really nice finds and the history.  The glass is interesting and explanation of what they used it for.

• Like 2

A "riveting" story Tom, 🤣 nice dime. Shame you lost the half dime, but it happens. 😵 I wonder what all those rivets were holding together? Certainly not the terrain.

Congrats to both of you.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

A "riveting" story Tom, 🤣 nice dime. Shame you lost the half dime, but it happens. 😵 I wonder what all those rivets were holding together? Certainly not the terrain.

Congrats to both of you.

thanx for coming along on our hunt with us F350-platinum.

Question for you :  How are you liking your D-II ?   Does it mimic the D-I in the iron-see-through un-masking ability ?   And how does it do on the wet-salt-beach ? (akin to Sov, Excal, Nox, etc.... ?).  And how about turf-cherry picking :  Does it mimic the old school explorers, or exceed them ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tom_in_CA said:

Question for you :  How are you liking your D-II ?   Does it mimic the D-I in the iron-see-through un-masking ability ?   And how does it do on the wet-salt-beach ? (akin to Sov, Excal, Nox, etc.... ?).  And how about turf-cherry picking :  Does it mimic the old school explorers, or exceed ?

It finds metal pretty well... 🤔

🤣 That made my day.

• Haha 1

Great adventure and great finds! It was like reading a Hardy Boys book... The Lost E-Bike at Deadman's Gulch. 😄

I hope your leg is better, Cal. You guys are hardcore! Well done!

• Like 5

A "Memorable" hunting spree for sure. I hope you both get back soon & find those sites phenomenal. Thank you both for posting. Brian, did you use the Legend any on the trip?

• Like 1