Claim Access Wanted

Hi, I am looking for access to a claim in CA generally for me and my dad to camp and prospect for a few days. Willing to pay for access. It’s just for fun to do something with my dad as we get older. We are very respectful and will leave it better than we found it. Thank you and God Bless!

nhagon@yahoo.com

Nate 

What state? If California, look into Josh Reinke claims. Reasonably priced, good claims...look at topic posted within last month or 2, " sniping and detecting". These where on his claims. He has a website. Good luck

• Like 3

What part of California are you considering and when? There are lots of clubs you can join for a year with claims all over the state.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nuggets, As mentioned previously join a (some) club(s) is the easiest way to find your way around prospecting areas. While club claims can be hit pretty hard generally there is still gold to be found, you can of course get lucky but expect to work for you prizes as I’m sure you are aware.

im in charge of membership for Western States Prospecting Association, we have a claim near Colfax California and will be reclaiming some beautiful ground soon (in progress) in the Sierras above Downieville area. We also have 200 acres private property in Gold Basin, Arizona and a little more in claims on the Arizona/Mexico border for when the sierras are snowed out, lol. While I can’t promise you’ll walk out and find a nugget I can say with confidence most if not all members will help you and your Dad with a pointy finger where they hope you will have success and offer what ever help if we can. Camping rules on our claims follow BLM rules and the land respect rules of conduct you describe.

membership is capped at 100, we have openings currently contact me here if you are interested in more information about WSPA.

Theres a lot of great clubs the afore mentioned Reinke claims I’m unfamiliar the recommendation sounds really good, when I lived in California I belonged to Comstock Gold Prospectors, they had and I’d imagine still do have a lot of really nice ground in Northern California around highway 49 Forrest hill area and north on highway 49 before, past and in downieville. They also have claims in northern Nevada seven troughs area and farther out that have produced nice nuggets. AMRA has a lot of claims in California and are active in fighting for mining rights and GPAA offers a lot of choices across the country. There are many more choices as prospecting clubs are almost everywhere Gold is found and everyone has something to offer. The tough part is making a choice, I joined several… 5, I think starting out in a new part o the country giving me access to a really big part of the grounds I was hunting then slowly dropped the ones I seldom or never hunted. Anyway, good luck. Clark

• Like 4