Is The Axiom Our New King???????

Norvic's words are going to give the Axiom additional attention.

I've held one and I still have a good impression of it months later.

• Like 8

Treat yourself Mn, don`t just hold one, 😉 the green machines back although not sure that colour`s green.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I am glad Santa has not forgotten you, Norvic. Have fun with this new toy, looking forward to your reports! Espcially interesting will be how the Axiom compares to the 6000 in that mild soil you guys are having up there. I have been naughty in 2022, so I saved Santa the trip....

GC

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

20221217_085502.thumb.jpg.88645bacbe3f83f1905cbe24a4a9c7a9.jpgOn ya GC, naughty is livin ......😉

When doing my field runs with the Axiom, initially went with the Z-Lynk headphones supplied but settled with the Avantree Torus Neckband coupled to an Avantree Saturn Pro Low Latency aptX BT transmitter I had lying around, headphones are a thing of the past for me. Consider the cable being directly under arm whilst detecting will not foul up whilst detecting, time will tell.

• Like 6

Well that really proves the Axiom's alloy PCB housing works a treat as you've planted that right where the electronics are.

1749032081_GarrettAxiomguts.jpg.9247f96fa6445f639eb63a3af48fa066.jpg

• Like 8

Very smart of you to note Phrunt. Yeah initially when I modded the SDC I`d put the tranny inside housing, had to mount it externally to get usable range thus  mounted tranny on Axiom in the field with zip tie initially, all good, suggest exposed PCB at rear where I`ve the Avantree tranny over is the Z-Lynk tranny that would be why its not shielded, now attached Saturn by velcro with a made up conx cable, to be field tested this arvo..... I can feel more Axiom nuggets coming on😉.......... But I noted also that is where Lunk mounted his BT tranny. 

• Like 7

Yep, no issues with mine, Norvic…all is quiet.😎

• Like 6

I`ve some country that is similar to yours GC, lots of hot rocks of size from pebbles to boulders that has more recently eluvially overlaid some of the older gold bearing country, have at its edges found a few nice virgin eluvial patches over the years, now the Axiom has a feature that allows you to ground balance and take out hot rocks simultaneously (sort of notch filter) am hoping it can handle this ground. Check out the Axioms downloadable full manual for this features procedure, tis a feature that if it works better than the Zs GB will open more country to us. Also note Garrett recommend operating with GB tracking off something all detectors operators can benefit from if their detectors have that capability even VLFs, since auto tracking come on the scene. Auto tracking still has a payoff you get for its convenience.

• Like 7

23 hours ago, Norvic said:

tis a feature that if it works better than the Zs GB will open more country to us. Also note Garrett recommend operating with GB tracking off something all detectors operators can benefit from if their detectors have that capability even VLFs, since auto tracking come on the scene. Auto tracking still has a payoff you get for its convenience.

This sounds interesting Norvic, looking forward to your reports. I thought you have it as easy as those guys in NZ with that mild soil 😉. Good to know that you will put the Axiom to a test with those screamers. Stick a little nugget to them and see if it can detect it. Only the Z in general/difficult can detect small gold that is stuck to severe hot rocks from all that I have tried, but talking about light weight....Here the Axiom could fill a real market niche, which for me would be worth the money.  And yes, manual GB is a huge plus. I so miss that on the 6000.

GC

• Like 5