Is The Axiom Our New King???????

GC, I have no idea how my ground compares with NZ, but imagine all countries have varying ground, my experience has taught me that if your prospecting close/over existing primary veins/reefs is a good chance the ground is noisy. I have found when prospecting near such ground with Auto tracking GB off your detector will let you know when your approaching such ground, especially detectors that have the capability to turn tracking off and are super sensitive such as the GPZ7000 and the new Axiom. as yet I have had little joy in the super hot ground with the Axiom, but I believe from indications that in time I will master its GB procedure for such ground.

Above is without doubt A Must Read for New Owners, if your too excited to read All of Steves advice threads on the Axiom make sure you read at least this one, it is without doubt A Must Read..... the Axiom has sensitivity to burn and will frustrate you no end if you don`t follow Steves recommendations. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Norvic said:

Above is without doubt A Must Read for New Owners, if your too excited to read All of Steves advice threads on the Axiom make sure you read at least this one, it is without doubt A Must Read..... the Axiom has sensitivity to burn and will frustrate you no end if you don't follow Steves recommendations. 

No winning on that issue. It's either dumb it down to head off the people who won't read or learn, or open it up for those of us that do, then hear the complaints from the ones that don't. Anyone that bumps the sensitivity over the default is just asking for trouble until they get familiar with the machine. It will by design not run well everywhere all the time when maxed out! Like the way High Yield on the GPZ 7000 just will not work on a lot of Oz ground. Same deal.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 12/17/2022 at 2:06 PM, Norvic said:

I`ve some country that is similar to yours GC, lots of hot rocks of size from pebbles to boulders that has more recently eluvially overlaid some of the older gold bearing country, have at its edges found a few nice virgin eluvial patches over the years, now the Axiom has a feature that allows you to ground balance and take out hot rocks simultaneously (sort of notch filter) am hoping it can handle this ground. Check out the Axioms downloadable full manual for this features procedure, tis a feature that if it works better than the Zs GB will open more country to us. Also note Garrett recommend operating with GB tracking off something all detectors operators can benefit from if their detectors have that capability even VLFs, since auto tracking come on the scene. Auto tracking still has a payoff you get for its convenience.

Remember Norvic, if it aint on video, it never happened.....we all wanna see what you think/see/find with the Axiom in 'real time'.  <thumbs up with big grin>

• Haha 2

MMMMM Au I don`t remember "if it aint on vid it didn`t happen", vids are new to me and my generation. I do know some people who made top gold vids a few years back but they just chase gold now and regret making those vids. So sorry I will not be making vids.👎

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Some people are credible enough to say something without the need for "proof", Norvic is one of these people, always a strait shooter even if it goes against the grain.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

That was Just a gentle prod to get to see the Axiom in action more here in Oz, thats all. BTW, if ya aint older than 60, we're the same gen..... I done learned that noo-fangled video thingy so its never too late to learn 😉 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Thanks Phrunt, Au... I tell ya what, you show that a vid cam will get me more gold and I`m that fickle I`ll have one for sure. Nah we are not the same gen at all, I`m only a kid of 12 going on 100..... But be assured Garretts on a winner with the Axiom especially if you like having control with settings, it isn`t as vocal as the 6K on some deep scraps but it still gets them. I just had 3 rare cool Summer FNQ days out with my son on the Z , 11year old grandson on the 6K, myself on the Ax. No 1 spot to the son, no 2 spot to the grandson and I come in a crippled last way back in the field, not the Axs fault ..... they`d deliberately burnt me out with gentle prod strategy.......🤪

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Thanks Norvic.  You need to update your equipment list.

We're going out to try and see a meteor before dawn and then hunt.  The kids are too young to swing but we'll have fun in the desert.  Depending on where I go it is 2-3 hours drive.  Time to wake them up.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Norvic said:

Thanks Phrunt, Au... I tell ya what, you show that a vid cam will get me more gold and I`m that fickle I`ll have one for sure. Nah we are not the same gen at all, I`m only a kid of 12 going on 100..... But be assured Garretts on a winner with the Axiom especially if you like having control with settings, it isn`t as vocal as the 6K on some deep scraps but it still gets them. I just had 3 rare cool Summer FNQ days out with my son on the Z , 11year old grandson on the 6K, myself on the Ax. No 1 spot to the son, no 2 spot to the grandson and I come in a crippled last way back in the field, not the Axs fault ..... they`d deliberately burnt me out with gentle prod strategy.......🤪

Still no fair game for your son and grandson, Norvic. Yes they have the Z and the 6k and have younger bones, but you have all the experience in the gold fields that matters the most. I bet you can find more gold with a pin pointer than many others out there having fancy ML machines....Good luck out there and have fun with your new toy. And yes, your word counts. You are one of a few in an elite club who don't need any video evidence to be convincing 🙂

GC

• Like 4