Is The Axiom Our New King???????

As I said from the start there is no King, there is a royal family though and the Axiom has already earnt its place as part of it. 

Everyone knows more than one tool is required to complete a job, in the ideal world the Swiss army knife would do it all, it certainly does in Macgyver episodes but not so much with detectors, a detector one tenth of the price can outperform the best in the right scenario.   We haven't yet reached the point there is one single King of detectors, maybe one day we will but at the moment there is no clearly defined king.

Even now the "King" regardless of which you choose can be outperformed in some situations by a detector that's 30 years old and a fraction of the price.

The way I see it those using nothing but a hammer are going to struggle to unscrew a screw, hit it as much as you want, it won't come out. 

• Like 3

All detectors have strengths and weaknesses. And it surely appears that the Axiom has particular strengths other detectors don't have. This would make it a great fit into my fleet, in particular thinking of the difficult grounds that I am often faced with. Keep those reports coming, Norvic. Steve already built a very convincing case, and I am that close to pull the trigger! This would open up so much more opportunities for me, and it might outperform the GPZ in situations where I need it the most. Who knows what the new GPZ will bring, but this might be a long way out. And waiting for years is not my forte. 🤠

GC 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

Steve already built a very convincing case

I'm not trying to build a case. I am trying the best I can to explain the detector and where it fits into the overall scheme without overstating things. I'm as sick of the hype machine as anyone and think it hurts as much as helps in many ways. Garrett themselves have been very low key in their marketing info and I applaud that. My last statement on this thread I think summarized things well and accurately. I think it's a very good detector, but I'm also not saying it's the new go to and everyone needs to ditch what they have to get one. I think of it more as a new option for people who have no decent PI detector, or a possible addition for those that do. My preference is that nobody rely on me alone but take in the view for a while, and see what the early buyers like Norvic and others say. Time and consensus, that is the ticket for anyone unsure about any of it.

I apologize Norvic for hijacking your thread. I do think it allowed me to say all I need to say about the Axiom however as far as the this versus that question. In the future, if anyone asks, I will just point them at my previous post on this thread. From here on out I will stick to answering any specific questions on controls, coils, tuning and the like as best I can. That's already been done to a large degree on the Garrett Forum and anyone interested should start at my thread pinned at the top Essential Information On The Garrett Axiom.

Thanks for posting Norvic. I look forward to hearing more, and wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas!

garrett-axiom-in-australia-herschbach.jpg

• Like 9

Thank You Steve. All DP members are most welcome to post a guess, even those not touched by the Sun. That lovely liquid sunshine has come down nice and steady here all night, perhaps a feed of field mushrooms is on the menu today.

• Like 4

I'll kick it off with 0.178 of a gram.

• Like 2

I'm betting big ....on 1.15 grams...

but maybe I believe myself too much....Norvic....:wink:

• Like 1