New Beginner's Detector Introduced By Nokta Makro

JCR

NM has a new detector on their website for people just entering the hobby. The 1st Swing. Under $100 & IP68 rated waterproof!

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

• The title was changed to New Beginner's Detector Introduced By Nokta Makro

I just checked the specs on each & there are some differences. This seems to be an adult sized upgraded features Mini/Midi Hoard. Pretty smart marketing in my opinion. Now, where is my Legend super awesome Update?

• Like 1

That actually seems likes a good detector for someone who has an interest in trying out metal detecting without a big layout of cash, especially with the way prices have been going. Metal detecting is not for everyone, and for those that do find it’s for them, they can upgrade.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JCR said:

I just checked the specs on each & there are some differences. This seems to be an adult sized upgraded features Mini/Midi Hoard. Pretty smart marketing in my opinion. Now, where is my Legend super awesome Update?

The weight and length of it are exactly the same as the Midi Hoard as are all other specifications.  It's just a different colour Midi Hoard with a new name.

I think you were comparing it to the Mini Hoard, which is for very young kids and is lighter with the shorter shaft.

Perhaps as the Midi and Mini are branded kids detectors they wanted another cheap option that's not for kids so they made the Midi hoard in more adult looking colours with a new name and no longer have it in the kids detectors section of the website.

The thing being the MSRP: $99 for the 1st Swing makes the Midi Hoard seem expensive at MSRP: $139.95 for the exact same detector in a different colour scheme.

• Like 1

@phruntI'm sure that is what I must have done.   I'm really not that interested in it. I promise!  I like my Legend!😀

• Haha 1

I gave a MIDI hoard to my granddaughter for her birthday. Surprisingly nice strong little detector. Seems to have good separation air test depth good.  Of course I wouldn’t suggest going nugget detecting with it, might be a bit of a let down, 😁

• Like 1

My youngest Grandson just turned 6 and is all Outdoor Boy. He will probably get one soon.

• Like 2

Granddaughter got hers for her 6 year birthday. Dad plays with as much as she does.  

• Like 1