New Legend Coils And Update

D,

Sorry, but I only received the new SMF mode update, not the full update.

I don't know much about the threshold, other than there is an individual threshold volume update on Nokta's site.

I'm not aware of issues when ground balancing on highly mineralized ground. I honestly don't recall anyone mentioning such a issue, other than yourself. Were there others?

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know what the status on the coils and software update is? I thought they were shipping the coils out last week but I don't see them anywhere?

• Like 1

Yes, according to Dilek on Dec 16th, the new coils were supposed to start shipping "next week". That could very well mean shipping on Dec 23th. I don't know if they have shipped yet, or if the European distributers have them yet, but for those in the U.S., with distance and Christmas shipping bottle necks, I'm thinking the U.S. distributers won't have them until the first week of January. Again, if they have been shipped 🙂

I'm really hoping that 9.5x6 coil will be available soon here in Belgium. Would be a nice addition to the standard 11"

Once I get the LG24 9.5x6, I won't be using the 11" ever again. I'm not sure right now if I'll even use the 6" again, but most likely not.

The LG24 will get about the same depth as the 11", plus it's lighter, significantly better at unmasking and separation, and less susceptible to EMI and ground noise.

• Like 1

I'm anxious for that coil too. Just waiting for spring.

On 12/17/2022 at 1:42 AM, Digalicious said:

M1 includes 15 khz. The new SMF will be 4 khz and 10 khz, but weighted toward 4 khz. It's getting the frequency below around 10 khz that allows the much better coin ID's on many coins that are masked by nonferrous trash.

Is there a difference in wheighting between the Park and Field mode for the multi-frequency? I would like to know if for example M1 performs the same way in Park and in Field mode.

Park separates better than Field. So Park must be optimized to higher frequencies.

M2 separates better than M1 so it must be optimized to higher frequencies.