Too cool, School! 👍 My Rikers are in a basket upstairs. 🤣

• Like 1

Good work i've seen where guys have used those and i researched them but they are hard to find and expensive when listed....I'd like to make one out of wood some day. 

strick 

• Like 2

Nice. I've been collecting these when I see them for sale on Marketplace for old maps.

Never once occurred to me to use them like this. Great idea! Gonna steal it. 🙂

• Like 1

Wow that is incredible work. I like the cabinet they are in.

• Like 1

Found a few of them a couple of years ago when a large company decided to move out of Illinois. When I heard of them moving I handed my card to one of the managers, a few months later got a call to come and pick up whatever I wanted. I went and picked up 6 of those and about 20 other file cabinets to finish loading my trailer.

Didn't cost a dime, and I was able to sell most of what I didn't want.

They said it saved them money to have them hauled off.

• Like 5

On 12/16/2022 at 5:58 PM, Tometusns said:

That sure beats the sandwich bags and a box. lol

Sandwich bags work 😄 So do coffee cans.  I have so much stuff over the years that I have to bag and can most of them Riker boxes have become very expensive - not like when they first come out.

On 12/16/2022 at 6:56 PM, F350Platinum said:

Too cool, School! 👍 My Rikers are in a basket upstairs. 🤣

I used to stack them. You don't get to see much when they are one on to[p of the other. At least you could pull from the basket 😄

On 12/16/2022 at 7:01 PM, strick said:

Good work i've seen where guys have used those and i researched them but they are hard to find and expensive when listed....I'd like to make one out of wood some day. 

strick 

Thanks. Wood would look great but it takes a lot of effort to do that.  But repurposing old wood from desks and bed headboards would save some money. If you make some, please post it. 

22 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

Wow that is incredible work. I like the cabinet they are in.

Thanks Rick.  I've wanted to do that for many years.

20 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Love the organizing and filing!

Thank You.  Now I can keep better track of all my junk 🙄

16 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Found a few of them a couple of years ago when a large company decided to move out of Illinois. When I heard of them moving I handed my card to one of the managers, a few months later got a call to come and pick up whatever I wanted. I went and picked up 6 of those and about 20 other file cabinets to finish loading my trailer.

Didn't cost a dime, and I was able to sell most of what I didn't want.

They said it saved them money to have them hauled off.

Yep, one thing I learned from my scrap and electronics recycling is that sometimes people just want stuff GONE!!!! I just received 2 nice modern color laser printers for the house, because someone bought new ones. I guess now I can print that Manticore manual in color🤭 Good for you in getting all of those cabinets. They usually sell for hundreds of dollars each.

• Like 2

TomCA's been using those old surveyor map cabinets for storing and displaying his notable finds, it is a perfect setup for RIker case storage and display. 

• Like 1