It's A Bobby Dazzler

Skate

8 hours ago, Stu said:

Still a nice ring. I've hit the books to try and find the engraved design - some pictures attached. The bird, which is described as a 'martlet', looks like a swallow as is a martin (but for some reason without legs?). The chapeau - I just wanted to show a couple different livery designs to put the idea across. And then the livery button of the Blake family. I couldn't find anything to figure out why that livery belonged to Blake but in the list of livery buttons I have it was a match. Possibly could be another family, but the livery looks like a match.

DSCF2237.JPG

DSCF2238.JPG

DSCF2239.JPG

DSCF2240.JPG

That's great stuff! I found something similar to it I think that related to a Lord Galiony? You're right that it's a livery of a swift/swallow/martin. Really cool things you uncovered. It's the history that drives these things and makes them more than just finds/targets in the sand. Thanks for your efforts.

5 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Nice ring Skate, can you get a shot of the marks inside?

That's a "signet" "intaglio" ring for sure, and it isn't new. 👍

I thought I did but the magnify app I used for pics didn't save it to my files. The other issue I have is that my daughter did the "pretty please" and I sent it to her in Brooklyn yesterday. I'll have her take a pic for me when she gets it and post it. It's really unique in that it has 2 P's and then what looks like an L and then a square that fits in the L if that makes sense.

I don't keep many of my rings/bracelets I find in that my wife, daughter, son, and mom usually get to choose amongst the good stuff I get. I'd rather someone enjoy it than keep it in a box. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Skate said:

I don't keep many of my rings/bracelets I find in that my wife, daughter, son, and mom usually get to choose amongst the good stuff I get. I'd rather someone enjoy it than keep it in a box. 

Nor do I, my wife gets all the good stuff. Sure helps when you want to get more gear... 😀

I'm getting pretty good at finding out who made some of these things, that why I asked. 🙂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Nor do I, my wife gets all the good stuff. Sure helps when you want to get more gear... 😀

I'm getting pretty good at finding out who made some of these things, that why I asked. 🙂

I appreciate the help! I learned years ago that the key to new detectors is my wife:laugh: I can honestly say that she hasn't questioned a purchase I've made in forever related to detecting. Other things have brought out the evil eye but not detecting. I'll have a pic by the end of the week. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2