XP Deus 2 Vs Deus 1 On Mineralized Soils

Hi everyone,

I have had an XP Deus 1 (with 9'' x35 coil) for years and have been very happy with it. In my research area I have medium to highly mineralized volcanic soils (the deus mineralization bar is always half up, often full). Despite the mineralization, after having found the right settings, I have achieved good results. I have found most targets no more than 4-6 inches deep and therefore the Deus 1 is unable to go any deeper into these terrains.

Now, I'm considering buying a Deus 2, in the hope that it will be able to penetrate mineralized soils more and therefore find other targets where I searched with the D1.

Based on your experiences, is the D2 really more performing than the D1 on mineralized? Did you find other targets where you searched with the D1?

Thanks for your help!

The Deus II should perform better in your mineralized soil because of it's SMF platform if set up right. I too, hope Deus owners with experience will answer your question.

This is the same answer I gave you over on Friendly Forum....

If you are referring to saltwater beach hunting, there are many posts and YouTube videos about using Deus 2 on saltwater beaches.

Otherwise, I hunt in inland iron mineralization almost exclusively that registers as half to completely full on the mineralization meters on Deus 1, ORX and Deus 2.

For normal coin, jewelry and relic hunting in these ground conditions here, Deus 1 and the ORX using 9” coils would hit coin sized targets at 6” depth. Deeper than that they had very sporadic/iffy audio only performance with no IDs. ID accuracy became inaccurate on coin sized targets that were 3” deep.

Deus 2 has accurate target ID and audio on coin sized targets at 8” here using the 9” coil and will hit deeper non-ferrous targets with non-ferrous audio and no IDs. 

For me, Deus 2 has greatly improved performance compared to Deus 1 and the ORX where I hunt. 

Whether that will be the same for you………who knows.

• Like 4

Thanks Jeff, this comment is very helpful.

I search on land, not beach. The mineralization of my soils is mainly of ferrous origin (iron oxides) and the performance I get with the deus 1 is the same as you mentioned.

11 minutes ago, RobG said:

Thanks Jeff, this comment is very helpful.

I search on land, not beach. The mineralization of my soils is mainly of ferrous origin (iron oxides) and the performance I get with the deus 1 is the same as you mentioned.

That is good news. Deus 2 may definitely be a better choice for you. It is by no means a perfect detector but compared to Deus 1 for coin/jewelry/relic hunting............it is a great upgrade. If you happen to hunt at saltwater beaches or submerged fresh water, Deus 2 handles that very well too.

good luck,

Jeff

On 12/17/2022 at 11:03 AM, RobG said:

Hi everyone,

I have had an XP Deus 1 (with 9'' x35 coil) for years and have been very happy with it. In my research area I have medium to highly mineralized volcanic soils (the deus mineralization bar is always half up, often full). Despite the mineralization, after having found the right settings, I have achieved good results. I have found most targets no more than 4-6 inches deep and therefore the Deus 1 is unable to go any deeper into these terrains.

Now, I'm considering buying a Deus 2, in the hope that it will be able to penetrate mineralized soils more and therefore find other targets where I searched with the D1.

Based on your experiences, is the D2 really more performing than the D1 on mineralized? Did you find other targets where you searched with the D1?

Thanks for your help!

In my opinion D2 is really performing on mineralized soils. I hunt also on hematite where D1 ( 11” coil) is almost useless, except Goldfield program. With D2 things are much better: I have a custom program based on program 2 which is really performing on very hot soils. Found little low conductors targets where D1 is mute. Program Goldfield, also with D2, is the best on hot soils, but FMF is really performing: I think that program 2 is very good. I have to test also another program and will let you know..

• Like 1