Muster Pilot Prospecting

Aureous

Nice way to prospect! We used to go helicopter camping for work- I should’ve brought a detector along for passing away the down time too. 

Also a familiar sound- his 6000 sounded like mine before Minelab fixed the audio wobble it had when it was sitting on the ground.

• Like 2

Man, the sense of freedom to be able to do something like that...amazing. I keep reading about some drone-type craft that some companies are trying to make into a reality for people to fly in. I try not get my hopes up though. I started looking around at cheaper old 1960's airplanes the last few years too but it's just really hard to land one anywhere I like to go.

9 hours ago, GotAU? said:

Also a familiar sound- his 6000 sounded like mine before Minelab fixed the audio wobble it had when it was sitting on the ground.

Heh I came back to post the same thing - sounds like he needs to get the EMI fix done. He kept thinking it was his camera but it didn't look like it to me. 

• Like 2

Yup, poor guy has a faulty GPX, along with a risky helicopter, those R44 things crash like crazy.

A guy I know runs Heli detecting tours here, ends up worthwhile too as even for NZ big gold can be found once you're off the beaten track.  He picked this one up on a Heli detecting trip around here in the mountains.  I think even an Aussie might classify that as a nugget, surely it's too big to be a flake.

1573702531_DansGold.jpg.e8caf8a26fdf2a0e587d08d3d877de16.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Oh my! 1

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

I think even an Aussie might classify that as a nugget, surely it's too big to be a flake.

I'd put $10 on Reg calling that a "color". 🤷‍♂️ 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, jasong said:

I'd put $10 on Reg calling that a "color". 🤷‍♂️ 😅

yup, hardly worth the effort bending down to pick it up.

• Haha 3

I wouldn’t recognize that and would pass it on.

9 hours ago, phrunt said:

Yup, poor guy has a faulty GPX, along with a risky helicopter, those R44 things crash like crazy.

A guy I know runs Heli detecting tours here, ends up worthwhile too as even for NZ big gold can be found once you're off the beaten track.  He picked this one up on a Heli detecting trip around here in the mountains.  I think even an Aussie might classify that as a nugget, surely it's too big to be a flake.

1573702531_DansGold.jpg.e8caf8a26fdf2a0e587d08d3d877de16.jpg

It looks like 3 penny weight next to the speck 😉