Watching For The Manticore Boat

PSPR

OK, I've already bashed Minelab for their inept Manticore rollout so I'll lay off that topic.  But, the only conclusion a reasonable man (or woman) would reach is that there were NO MANTICORES in the two Minelab shipments that arrived Dec. 9th and 12th or we would have them.  That means they are still on a boat somewhere at sea while we "patiently" wait for it to dock in the USA.

As I mentioned in another thread, the Bill of Lading for the Minelab containers that these two ships delivered (presumably with only Equinox  700's and 900's) references a date of Nov. 11th.  If we assume that was the approximate shipping date it seems it has taken about 30 days on the seas for the ships to get to the U.S. from Malaysia.

Taking Minelab at their word, they stated the Manticores were being shipped the last week of November.  Adding 30 days to that time we arrive at the Manticores arriving in America in about 10 more days.  Give or take a few days.

I plan to check several times a day on the Ship Arrival website I found to watch for the, hopefully, Manticore shipment(s) to arrive.  There is only a day or less of a lag from a ship docking and it being reported on the website.  I'll report in this thread when I see a Minelab detector cargo arrive and at that point we should be just days away from receiving our long awaited Manticores.

• Thanks 1

I'm not taking that comment as sarcasim, Geordiedan.  This thread will only be about tracking the Manticores as they obviously are not here yet.  I think most who have ordered them would like to know the status of their Manticore as we can determine it since Minelab won't tell us squat.

• Like 1

It was of course meant in jest, PSPR - we are after all in the same proverbial (but not literal) boat 👍

Latest narrative for the UK/EU shipment is that they're held up by some form of customs delay, apparently due to them not having a name that matches anything that's gone through before.  The shipment of 900s was sent after the Manticores, but went straight through customs and have arrived at my dealer already and are going out the door today.

Above was relayed to me Friday afternoon over the telephone from one of the biggest UK dealers.

Annoying, yes. But luckily placing an order for an MC doesn't mean my 'Nox stops working so I'll be over at my usual fields during the holidays swinging whichever beeping stick I have available to me at the time to enjoy.

I do hope the MCs show up soon though 🍻

I guess that is a possibility.  They could have arrived in one of those two shipments to the U.S., if customs is giving them the once over.  But I'm not sure I buy that explanation.  It could explain the trickle of Manticores showing up if customs is inspecting them one at a time and releasing them one at a time.  We'll see and I'll keep checking for more Minelab detector shipments.

1 hour ago, PSPR said:

I guess that is a possibility.  They could have arrived in one of those two shipments to the U.S., if customs is giving them the once over.  But I'm not sure I buy that explanation.  It could explain the trickle of Manticores showing up if customs is inspecting them one at a time and releasing them one at a time.  We'll see and I'll keep checking for more Minelab detector shipments.

How are you able to see what is arriving? Thx

U.S. Customs search, FloridaSon.

Here is a little more info that will impact our Manticore arrivals.  A freight shipping website says it takes 27 to 43 days to ship containers (by boat port-to-port) from Malaysia to the U.S.  The lower end of this range seems to fit with arrival dates of the last two Minelab shipments from Malaysia to Norfolk, VA.

Furthermore, if, as Minelab stated, the Manticores were shipped the last week of November, they won't be here until late this week at the very earliest and possibly up to even two weeks more.  :sad:  This is also why I don't think they are tied up in customs because they can't possibly be here yet.

As of this evening (12/19), there are no new Minelab shipment arrivals to U.S. Customs reported since December 12th.

I just wish the boat would come in so we can get back to some normality. It gets a bit tiring reading the same old fluff thread after thread.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Oh my! 1