Watching For The Manticore Boat

PSPR

Wooo Hoooo!  8600 lbs of Minelab metal detectors arrived yesterday to Norfolk, VA!!!   Are these the long lost Manticores??   That is almost as much total weight as the two shipments of Equinoxes a couple weeks ago.  They were shipped from Singapore instead of Malaysia and I don't know what the means.

Surely these are our Manticores.  Dealers should know if Minelab is telling them to expect the Manticores or not in a few days.  Gerry?

• Like 1

Bad news Manticore fans.  I talked to the Minelab distributor here and he told me the following:  "All Manticore are shipping via air freight and are not shipping via sea freight in containers."

I guess, if that is the case, this shipment of detectors received yesterday has nothing to do with the Manticores.  And then why they are not here already is a total mystery to me. 

Maybe my little Cessna theory of it going back and forth with a few Manticores each time could be closer to the truth than thought.

• Like 1

What the distributor told me is making no sense.  I think what is happening is that Minelab is air-freighting the detectors from the U.S. port they arrive at to the distributor and that is why he thinks they are being air-freighted to him from Malaysia.  If Minelab was air-freighting the entire Manticore shipment they would have ALL been here weeks ago.

We'll know by next week if they start showing up at the distributor or Minelab tells them that they are getting a bunch and the dealers start getting notified of their allotments. 

UPDATE:  The distributor just emailed me and said the Manticores DID NOT SHIP the last week of November as Minelab said on their facebook page.  :angry:

Well, the shipping weight of my 900 was 7 lb, that means approximately 1200 detectors were on that shipment. I wonder if my name is on one of them :-)

• Like 2

Maybe...  The Manticore hasn't been manufactured in numbers yet?  Production delays?

I know absolutely nothing.  Just starting a false internet rumor.

But, in half seriousness, it's the simplest explanation.

- Dave

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UT Dave said:

Maybe...  The Manticore hasn't been manufactured in numbers yet?  Production delays?

I apparently know nothing either.  :sad:

Maybe Calabash has thrown a monkey wrench into the works with his iron falsing claim and Minelab has stopped production to fix the software.  I don't know.

5 minutes ago, PSPR said:

I apparently know nothing either.  :sad:

Maybe Calabash has thrown a monkey wrench into the works with his iron falsing claim and Minelab has stopped production to fix the software.  I don't know.

I'd hope he doesn't have anywhere near that kind of weight. 

But I haven't watched any of his MC videos, and won't.  Haven't watched any of anyone's MC videos.  Pretty sure I can figure the machine out for myself whenever it finally gets here.  In my own dirt, on my own targets, in my own preferred hunting style.  And I'm totally sure it will be even better than the 800, which has been fantastic. 

I'd rather read the manual again than watch any of the vids.

- Dave

• Like 6

Let's assume that the Minelab distributor is right and Minelab did not ship any Manticores the last week of November and they are expected to come by air cargo.

Then what are the 5000 lbs of detectors that arrived by ship Tuesday?  Winter is coming in North America and demand for recreational detectors beyond current unfilled Manticore orders are going to dry up for a few months.  I guess they could be a big shipment of more Equinoxes or mine detectors for the military but there are already extra Equinoxes available and Ukraine is the only place that has a hot war we care about right now.

So, I've just got to think this shipment is probably the Manticores that were shipped at the end of November.  If they are or they aren't we should know by early next week at the latest as dealers would be given word of their quotas they will be receiving.  If not, then this shipment is something else and the question is, "Where are those darn Manticores?"

17 hours ago, UT Dave said:

But I haven't watched any of his MC videos, and won't.  Haven't watched any of anyone's MC videos.  Pretty sure I can figure the machine out for myself whenever it finally gets here.  In my own dirt, on my own targets, in my own preferred hunting style.  And I'm totally sure it will be even better than the 800, which has been fantastic. 

I agree the best way to assess a detector is by far to do the testing oneself . Videos or reports by experienced and serious users may help a little , but nothing replaces a "self made" test ...

• Like 1