Watching For The Manticore Boat

PSPR

3 hours ago, Daniel Tn said:

Holy cow I got a tracking number through Cabelas/Bass Pro.  FedEx says delivery of today the 12th.  I don't see how...I just ordered it the 11th.  But I'll take it if it comes.

It's coming from a warehouse in IA,via Fedex Express, I got mine in 2 days and I'm in Texas.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dan(NM) said:

It's coming from a warehouse in IA,via Fedex Express, I got mine in 2 days and I'm in Texas.

Mine says it shipped from Prairie Du Chien, WI US.  Never heard of it but currently says it's in Chattanooga, TN with a ETA of today around noon.  But...I did order mine through Bass Pro Shops and not from Cabelas.  Bass Pro owns Cabelas so I would think they use the same warehouses now but maybe not.  

7 minutes ago, Daniel Tn said:

Mine says it shipped from Prairie Du Chien, WI US.  Never heard of it but currently says it's in Chattanooga, TN with a ETA of today around noon.  But...I did order mine through Bass Pro Shops and not from Cabelas.  Bass Pro owns Cabelas so I would think they use the same warehouses now but maybe not.  

I gotcha, gotta admit, these guys don't waste much time processing orders.

Looks like the Cabelas/Bass Pro people were given preferential treatment as the price Minelab had to pay to buy their way onto their sales floor. Same thing happened with Equinox. People put money down for pre-orders with dealers (never do that by the way) and then found they could simply order last second from Cabelas and get it faster. Which is why money down for preorders is a bad joke. Another blow for full service independent dealers, who will one day be just a memory. At the end of the day all people want is fast at lowest price, and can’t argue with that I guess.

• Like 5
  • Oh my! 1

I was once told that the dealers and stores don't have the actual inventory and these early units are being shipped from the Minelab warehouses until the backorders are fulfilled.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CCadrin said:

I was once told that the dealers and stores don't have the actual inventory and these early units are being shipped from the Minelab warehouses until the backorders are fulfilled.

Certainly not the case with the UK orders - they hit the dealers and were shipped onwards from there.  I had a call from the lady that wrapped mine and the shipping was tracked from their hometown 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Looks like the Cabelas/Bass Pro people were given preferential treatment as the price Minelab had to pay to buy their way onto their sales floor. Same thing happened with Equinox. People put money down for pre-orders with dealers (never do that by the way) and then found they could simply order last second from Cabelas and get it faster. Which is why money down for preorders is a bad joke. Another blow for full service independent dealers, who will one day be just a memory. At the end of the day all people want is fast at lowest price, and can’t argue with that I guess.

Yes, it's hard to blame customers for seeking fast shipment, and low prices.  HOWEVER, the ultimate result is indeed going to be just what you said -- no more full-service, independent dealers, which to me is not a good thing for the hobby...

59 minutes ago, CCadrin said:

Different dealers do it differently.  Some (some of the brick-and-mortar dealers) take delivery of the machines from their distributor, and then ship them out to their customers (and some will even check out each machine, prior to sending to their customer, to be sure all is well with it, etc.)  Others, and probably moreso for these "backorder" situations, will ask the distributor to drop-ship the units directly to their customers, as soon as the distributor receives units from the manufacturer.  

Steve

• Like 2

That's the thing now...when a machine malfunctions, you don't go through a dealer anyways.  You deal directly with the company. I work in the automotive industry and that is actually what the plan is for vehicles too...there won't be any car lots or dealers so to speak. Everything will be ordered by the customer.  

To my surprise...look what arrived a little bit ago.

20230112_114108.jpg

• Like 3