Watching For The Manticore Boat

PSPR

15 minutes ago, ThatOneDigger said:

Minelab will send them to Cabela's so they don't have to discount to Veterans, why lose 15% when you can just sell to a big box store that doesn't offer the 15% veteran discount.

OUCH! That would suck big time!

On 3/15/2023 at 6:10 PM, ThatOneDigger said:

I'm still waiting to hear from my dealer...

Me too... paid for mine last October... still waiting! 😕

• Sad 2
  • Oh my! 1

And yet Minelab management wonders why dealers (especially those who promote the hobby and such models) get so irritated.

1st it was All Sales to Dealers Only and those dealers could only sell and advertise in their regions.  

Then it was changed to All sales to Dealers Only and dealer advertise anywhere in the US.

Which then lead to most sales to Dealers and Only Go Find (beginner models) to Retail.

Then it changed to most sales to Dealers and select detectors to Retail Big Box.

To now, some sales to Dealers and Minelab Prefers to deal a big portion to Retail.

When Minelab offered a class on how to sell on Amazon, I realized the writing on the walls.

No worries, it's not illegal they say....just unethical in my mind.

Different management with different styles and ideas.  I'll get used to it, or I'll fade away.

• Sad 4

This is my first post on this forum...been watching / reading posts here when Minelab first launched the Equinox and now I am back watching /waiting for news on the Manticore.  What a frustrating fiasco!

I thought I would share my story on how I got a Manticore without buying from a big box store.  I ordered my Manticore in early January hoping that by early March I would be getting one.  After seeing so many Manticore's being sold by Cabela's I contacted my dealer asking if they had received anything...the answer was no.  They did receive an initial shipment of 15 (I believe that is number they told me) but nothing since then and it was early March.  I then decided to go searching for dealers big and small and finding out if they had any or when they expected more to come in.  The answer I received were either "we have no idea" or "Likely not until end of April".   So I decided to cancel my Manticore order with my local dealer (SeriousD) and immediately purchased a Nox 900 with them.  I prefer to have 2 machines and had been planning to get the Manticore and Nox 900 to replace both of my Nox 800's.  I kept contacting small dealers though and just happened to run across a guy who had 1 in inventory and I bought it immediately.  So within a week I got both machines and did not have to buy from Cabela's. 

I would like to say though that if someone does buy from Cabela's I am fine with it...for me it is the fact that Minelab is helping them instead of the dealer.  I just do not understand (well it is probably ultimately $) why Minelab would not support their dealers first who 1. know the product the best 2. Minelab's most enthusiastic customers use dealers.  So you have all of these enthusiasts who have been on a list since November and still are waiting on a Manticore....just so frustrating even as I type this even though in my car I have a Manticore!

I did contact Minelab twice about this.  And I got a reply...both were automated I am sure.  But one of them did state that Minelab America's was going to only ship product to the dealers who have open orders and customers waiting.  At least that is what they implied. Apparently that was a lie.  Hey I know!  Maybe a "popular" YouTuber should do a video and entitle it "Minelab Lied Again and is only shipping Manticores to Cabela's"...maybe that would get Minelab's attention?

So there is my story.

I do like both detectors a lot so far.  Only about 3-5 hours of detecting on both the 900 and Manticore.  MUCH deeper than the 800!

• Like 1

Breaking news! The freakin Manticore boat sunk like the Titanic six months ago! Can you say FML?           4A6A1755-7029-4147-85A6-F7ECCA33DFDC_4_5005_c.jpeg.d5f126b0eeabfba65d6afd8b2dc4c70f.jpeg 

• Haha 2