Watching For The Manticore Boat

PSPR

On 3/16/2023 at 8:21 PM, ThatOneDigger said:

Minelab will send them to Cabela's so they don't have to discount to Veterans, why lose 15% when you can just sell to a big box store that doesn't offer the 15% veteran discount.

I believe the dealer takes the hit on the 15% discount not Minelab you would have to ask @Gerry in Idaho about that. What is interesting about Minelbs whole strategy on this new detector is that they originally... strategically sent them to small dealers around the US while the big  box got none...now they are sending most to the big box instead of the little guys it seems.. I do applaud those who are loyal to their dealers and have been waiting for months...I could have bought 6 manticores off Cabela's by now if I wanted..

strick

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Back to; out of stock, often its listed, but down at the bottom it shows out of stock, then it becomes available late Monday or Tuesday when you can go to checkout.  

It would be nice if the dealers let us know what date of the pre-orders they are up to without having to message them. I don't like to be that guy.

image.png.c23abae017d238b41b6b785a39b90313.png

4 hours ago, Dug D said:

Back to; out of stock, often its listed, but down at the bottom it shows out of stock, then it becomes available late Monday or Tuesday when you can go to checkout.  

It would be nice if the dealers let us know what date of the pre-orders they are up to without having to message them. I don't like to be that guy.

image.png.c23abae017d238b41b6b785a39b90313.png

Yea, at 4 a.m. it said Limited stock, when I checked again around 9 a.m. it said out.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, midalake said:

For cripes sake> amazon now? 😏

Piss poor isn't it.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Doc Bach said:

Piss poor isn't it.

As a dealer for 25 yrs, I would have never expected to be in this situation.   It drives me crazy as my customers who've been loyal for so long...I have no answers for them?  My list is shrinking each day as customers find them from other sources.  I'm ok with that...as a detectorist, I understand the desire to use the next best tool (detector).  I have noticed an uptick in my Deus-II sales as well.

As for the military discount a select few dealers offer.  Those sales, are a partial loss of profit for both the dealer and the manufacture.  The manufacture only gives a partial credit (towards more detector purchases).  In the end, the dealer and manufacture both make a little less money.

We all make mistakes and hopefully lessons will be learned and down the road, things will get better.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

As a dealer for 25 yrs, I would have never expected to be in this situation.   It drives me crazy as my customers who've been loyal for so long...I have no answers for them?  My list is shrinking each day as customers find them from other sources.  I'm ok with that...as a detectorist, I understand the desire to use the next best tool (detector).  I have noticed an uptick in my Deus-II sales as well.

As for the military discount a select few dealers offer.  Those sales, are a partial loss of profit for both the dealer and the manufacture.  The manufacture only gives a partial credit (towards more detector purchases).  In the end, the dealer and manufacture both make a little less money.

We all make mistakes and hopefully lessons will be learned and down the road, things will get better.

Very judicious responce Gerry to my usual less than diplomatic opinion.