Watching For The Manticore Boat

PSPR

Well, I am in a bit of a different place. I ordered and paid for the Manticore last year at the end of August. It is still in the queue and I am also praying for delivery by the end of the month, but who the hell knows... Minelab is not winning me over with the lack of communication. Seems to me they could at least keep their customers informed. It's odd the total silence. I stewed for a while when the upgraded Nox's were announced last month but since both my 800s were several years old and the 900 is totally compatible with all my extra coils it made sense to me to upgrade. So now I'll have a 900 with all the coils for backup and on day who knows when one of the elusive Manticores. Like I said in an earlier post I probably need the 12 step program for detector addict's. 

• Like 4

I think it would be a nice gesture for Minelab to at least acknowledge that there is thirst for more information on availability. A short statement is all that is needed.

I do feel their silence on the matter is not helpful to their customers.

• Like 3

I'm sure they'd set a lot of minds at ease if they would just communicate, say why there is a delay and when they expect them to be available, just say something. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

I'm sure they'd set a lot of minds at ease if they would just communicate, say why there is a delay and when they expect them to be available, just say something. 

They might not know what to say...maybe all they can say is were working on it...and that ain't gonna be good enough so they stay quiet...it's going to be worth the wait 

strick 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Plenty of airlines have written open letters of apology to their customers for inconvenience and expense, that would be a beginning.

Unfortunately, Minelab missed class the day customer loyalty 101 class said to UNDER promise and OVER deliver, they got it backwards.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Oh my! 1

CTX user here. I've been patiently waiting to replace my CTX, preordered in early September. I can't get over this rollout. What a mess. I have a half-dozen sites on hold, winter's rolling along. In another couple weeks the ground will be frozen here, if the Manticore isn't here what that happens I'm getting off the list and buying a Deus II. I'd love to stay with Minelab, I love the ctx, but it's time to deliver.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Geordiedan said:

Mine arrived this evening 🙂 I’m hearing that the uk dealers all got one each regardless of how many they preordered. Looks like I managed to bag slot number one at my dealer 😮

You got your work cut out now lol especially as your in the uk, looking forward to honest write ups thx

• Like 1