Watching For The Manticore Boat

PSPR

Yep, cutting edge engineering and old school marketing is exactly right. I am working on maintenance of my detectors waiting for my Manticore who knows when and getting delivery of a 900 this afternoon. 

I have a Telenox MK1 3 piece carbon fiber system on my original 800. It's beginning to wear some so I wrote an email to Tony the inventor of the system. Within 12 hours I had a response with several options for correcting the issues. The response was from the owner himself. Now I understand that Minelab is a giant company but all they'd have to do is have a couple of folks in their organization running some damage control and just keeping their customers and sales in the loop. Obviously this is not going to happen. Watch out Minelab, people will remember this fiasco and when something better comes along this treatment of customers will bite you in the butt. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

It's easy. It's called being forthright and honest about whatever it is. I dealt with some of the most difficult customers in the world by a. having empathy and sympathizing, not arguing and explaining away and b. simply owning up to stuff with no fuss.

People love it. We all make mistakes and fact is most of us are very forgiving of people who simply say "hey, I made a mistake, I'm sorry, but I'm working on it. I value you and please be patient."

But you are asking an engineer driven company to excel at empathetic communications. Good luck with that. The failure here is the hired marketing people and their inability - or have they been forbidden - to use social media to communicate and garner points with customers. They are stuck in old school Chicago style flash promotion and dictatorial one way communications. It irritates a lot of people who might otherwise be happy customers. I think Minelab would be shocked at how many people grudgingly own their devices, and would jump ship in a moment given the chance. People may love the detectors, but few people love the company.

Well Said agree completely, surely they must see it would be of benefit to them in the long run, stands out a mile. Just comes across a blatant disregard in my eyes.

21 hours ago, strick said:

It's going to be worth the wait.

I for one am glad to hear that part.  Thanks for the encouragement.

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Minelab would be shocked at how many people grudgingly own their devices, and would jump ship in a moment given the chance.

If they aren't hiding under the rock of arrogance (or is it pomposity?), they're already seeing it:  XP Deus 2, Nokta Legend, Garrett Axiom, and hopefully more to come.  Sometimes it seems the only people Minelab/Codan are out to please are stockholders, and if that group (i.e. stockholders) have a lick of sense they are going to realize their bottom line depends partly on the company's communication with customers.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MetalDiggrz said:

CTX user here. I've been patiently waiting to replace my CTX, preordered in early September. I can't get over this rollout. What a mess. I have a half-dozen sites on hold, winter's rolling along. In another couple weeks the ground will be frozen here, if the Manticore isn't here what that happens I'm getting off the list and buying a Deus II. I'd love to stay with Minelab, I love the ctx, but it's time to deliver.

My thoughts exactly.  It's been in the high 70's/low 80's here in Central Florida for the past week.  There's some nice deep cuts at the beach.  Can I get in them and hunt?  Nope, no waist-high water for me right now.  My Leaqinox 800 is out of warranty and a Manticore is unavailable.  MineLab, are you reading this?  March 1st starts Spring Break.  I WILL have something to hunt the water with by then.  I hope I don't have to leave my MineLab hat at home. Maybe XP would like some free advertising at the beach during Spring Break at Daytona Beach this year.

• Like 2

The 900 came in the mail yesterday and I'm taking her for a spin today. Been patiently waiting on Manticore since August 31. After charging and going through all my gear I spent a few hours perusing information on the Deus2. While I am not totally enamored with trying to teach this old dog some new tricks (learning another detecting system) I am fed up with a company that does not communicate and sends machines to box stores and folks like Calabash who spew videos that stir the pot. I have watched one of his and "shows" and a few others that did have some good information but personally I'll figure out how a new machine works for me. I do appreciate and use sites like this one that provide good info on topics with links to further their point without grandiose posing.  I'll wait one more week on the Manticore and then I'll get the Deus2. Not that Minelab gives a rosy, red rats behind, but I'll feel better and when they start losing hundreds of us, they will take notice. Rant off... 😌 

36 minutes ago, xpmoguy said:

The 900 came in the mail yesterday and I'm taking her for a spin today. Been patiently waiting on Manticore since August 31. After charging and going through all my gear I spent a few hours perusing information on the Deus2. While I am not totally enamored with trying to teach this old dog some new tricks (learning another detecting system) I am fed up with a company that does not communicate and sends machines to box stores and folks like Calabash who spew videos that stir the pot. I have watched one of his and "shows" and a few others that did have some good information but personally I'll figure out how a new machine works for me. I do appreciate and use sites like this one that provide good info on topics with links to further their point without grandiose posing.  I'll wait one more week on the Manticore and then I'll get the Deus2. Not that Minelab gives a rosy, red rats behind, but I'll feel better and when they start losing hundreds of us, they will take notice. Rant off... 😌 

I'm with you. Next Friday I'm ordering a Deus II.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, xpmoguy said:

With a 900 already in hand, you're not missing much as far as M-core is concerned (IMO), and you have $500 -$600 still in your pocket that you can apply to another detector.

• Like 2