Watching For The Manticore Boat

PSPR

7 minutes ago, TroyLPN said:

I just did the live chat thing.  No, they don't do the discount, but they do their own 5% military discount. That's a $160 difference if I wait. Seems like back in the day right after Cabelas started getting boatloads of Equinoxes then their dealers did too within a few weeks/days.  Decisions, decisions....

Ok- got it. I'm not active duty but am a veteran. I'll check on that 5% policy.

I have two dealers that offer their own 10% repeat customer discounts. Ask around and then stick with them.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Carolina said:

I have two dealers that offer their own 10% repeat customer discounts. Ask around and then stick with them.

I would if they actually had any in stock or even an ETA.  MiineLab is really dropping the ball here as far as supporting their dealers.  It seems like Cabela's is getting the bulk of the first shipment.

Just to be clear for others following along, most dedicated metal detecting equipment dealers who sell ML detectors will honor Minelab's 15% US military discount (Active Duty, separated veteran, ir retired veteran) on metal detectors.  Cablelas does not honor the ML military discount but does honor their own 5% military discount.  As mentioned earlier, on M-core at $1599 this is up to a $160 delta in cost if you are a veteran purchasing from Cabelas vs. a dealer honoring the ML discount (5% = 80, 15% = $240).  Just putting it out there for info for those eligible forum members looking to make a Manticore buy decision.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TroyLPN said:

I would if they actually had any in stock or even an ETA.  MiineLab is really dropping the ball here as far as supporting their dealers.  It seems like Cabela's is getting the bulk of the first shipment.

I'm seeing the M-core distribution spigot pick up across the board, so Cabelas won't be the only game in town for long.  But yeah, if you gotta have it right now, Cabelas...

• Like 1

Just now, Chase Goldman said:

I'm seeing the M-core distribution spigot pick up across the board, so Cabelas won't be the only game in town for long.  But yeah, if you gotta have it now, Cabelas...

Chase, it's more a matter of gotta have something to detect with. I go 2-3 times a week minimum and it's my work-out routine. I'm afraid my poor Equinox (my only practical beach machine) is on it's last legs. Both coils are sort-of zip-tied on those "ear support" things and wobbly. I can't get it wet because it's out of warranty. The headphones refuse to pair up without multiple tries most of the time. The battery is probably about to die as it won't last more than 5 hours or so on a full charge. The shaft lock things are loose. It's had a rough 4 years, but has paid for itself many times over, so I really can't complain too much.  Yes, I could spend the money to upgrade it, but I'd rather save that cash for a new something with a warranty. Honestly, it will be retired and probably sit in the garage as a back-up when I get a Manti. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, TroyLPN said:

Chase, it's more a matter of gotta have something to detect with. I go 2-3 times a week minimum and it's my work-out routine. I'm afraid my poor Equinox (my only practical beach machine) is on it's last legs. Both coils are sort-of zip-tied on those "ear support" things and wobbly. I can't get it wet because it's out of warranty. The headphones refuse to pair up without multiple tries most of the time. The battery is probably about to die as it won't last more than 5 hours or so on a full charge. The shaft lock things are loose. It's had a rough 4 years, but has paid for itself many times over, so I really can't complain too much.  Yes, I could spend the money to upgrade it, but I'd rather save that cash for a new something with a warranty. Honestly, it will be retired and probably sit in the garage as a back-up when I get a Manti. 

I just got the new 900, great upgrades to the 800 to make it beachworthy (same physical improvements as Manticore).  They appear to be more readily available from dealers (and Cabelas) than M-core and frankly, for dedicated beach hunting, I am not seeing anything that warrants the $500 to $600 premium of the M-core over Nox.  Something to consider.

• Like 6

Ok, here's an interesting story.  I ordered and received a Nox 900 last week and have been putting it through its paces. It is a great machine, no major learning curve if you are familiar with the 6-800's. And I have all the coils I need, perfect. So, I'm coming back and thinking about the wait and lack of response Minelab has put me and many others through on the Manticore release debacle. I decided to hell with it, I am cancelling my Manticore order this afternoon.  I called Serious Detecting, actually I just got off the phone with them. I proceeded to start the cancelling of my order. BTW, the folks there are very nice. Anyway, I give her my order number and it takes a while to look it up because ... It was ordered ( and PAID for) last August. Here's the interesting part. I was assured the shipment was "in transit" even though I was sitting here looking at my inbox that didn't show any emails confirming it. And Lo and behold while I was on the phone cancelling the order the order fulfillment and UPS tracking details magically appeared in my email.  My shipment shows the beginning of its journey started with UPS January 6th. and here it is the 9th.  Interesting, eh? 

Enough of the drama.  Did you cancel or not??  😁

• Haha 2