Watching For The Manticore Boat

PSPR

6 hours ago, Dan(NM) said:

My wait is over...

6 hours ago, Mick93 said:

Yep mine is in the mail!!  Arrive wed,

Yup- mine is arriving Wednesday also. Yesterday morning was the time to catch them at Cabela's.

• Like 2

I have not seen anything on the 700 ( for sale ). Anybody seen or heard or any videos ?

46 minutes ago, Carolina said:

I have not seen anything on the 700 ( for sale ). Anybody seen or heard or any videos ?

It's in stock at Cabela's right now for $699.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, abenson said:

Too bad the big box stores are getting the bulk of the newly released metal detectors these days. You'd think Minelab would want to get them out to dealers that have potentially 100's of people on pre-order lists first. 

I think most of the "MineLab Dealers" are really independent entities with no real affiliation with MinelLab at all.

Big companies have big leverage in negotiations (contracts, agreements, etc.).  Small companies...  You get the picture.

• Like 2

Yea I get it. I owned a fly fishing shop from 1995 to 2000. Same thing happened in that industry too and happens in every industry eventually. If you had a specialty fly shop you had the elite brands the big box stores couldn't get. Fly shops offered the best service for both the beginner and the advanced fly fisherman. Personal service from someone who actually fly fished. That all changed over time and now you have all the big box stores with the elite brands being sold by people who don't know a thing about fly fishing (with exceptions) to people who don't know what they need or want.

Same thing is happening with the metal detecting industry. Dealers will eventually disappear and when we have watched all the latest YouTube videos about the latest and greatest metal detector we want, we can wander into Walmart and ask an associate where the metal detectors are, and they will say what's a metal detector?

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Zero discount in the UK dealers for any reason on the newly released detectors.  Just before the MC/900 release was the first time I'd ever seen the 600/800s with any meaningful discount for Black Friday etc which was a sign that something new was coming 😄

My dealer actually called me up last night to see how I was getting on with the Manticore and what my first impressions had been.  Seems they only got a few in the first batch and sent them all out the door to customers so were having to wait to get their own hands on one to play with!  Good on them for honouring their sales and also for the followup call to make sure I was happy with it etc 👍

1 minute ago, Chesroy said:

Impressive. Who was your dealer can you say ?

Yes I don't think there's any rules on this board about naming - I went with Joan Allen here in the UK.  Great sales support and very enthusiastic detectorists that work there 🙂