Watching For The Manticore Boat

PSPR

I got one from Cabelas yesterday. The sent tracking right away and I should receive it tomorrow. I found their website difficult to use, it seems to always show out of stock even when others on the forum are getting theirs. I ended up ordering mine over the phone through customer service.

Ringtail

• Like 2

Distributors must have received a bunch because dealers are starting to ship Manticore's now as well. I'll wait not going to pay $140 in sales tax on Cabelas site.

• Like 4

Well, I ordered mine through Cabela's this morning. It's being processed, so maybe it won't get cancelled. I wish I could have supported a detector dealer, but I'm just sick and tired of this epoxied, Gorilla-taped, zip-tied Equinox that still wobbles every time I swing it. 

I'm supposed to get it Friday. I'm doing a little experiment starting Sunday morning. (Saturday will be a bone-chilling 55 degrees and weekends are workdays for me anyway). I'm going to see how long it takes to pay for itself in clad and scrap price gold/silver.  I'll post my results periodically if anyone is interested.  I live near a popular tourist beach, and go detecting 3-4 days a week so it shouldn't take long.  Maybe. We'll see. 😁

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TroyLPN said:

Well, I ordered mine through Cabela's this morning. It's being processed, so maybe it won't get cancelled. I wish I could have supported a detector dealer, but I'm just sick and tired of this epoxied, Gorilla-taped, zip-tied Equinox that still wobbles every time I swing it. 

I'm supposed to get it Friday. I'm doing a little experiment starting Sunday morning. (Saturday will be a bone-chilling 55 degrees and weekends are workdays for me anyway). I'm going to see how long it takes to pay for itself in clad and scrap price gold/silver.  I'll post my results periodically if anyone is interested.  I live near a popular tourist beach, and go detecting 3-4 days a week so it shouldn't take long.  Maybe. We'll see. 😁

Troy,

I agree with you, I wish I could have supported the independent dealer community too. I had prepaid 4 months ago and I got tired of waiting.

Ringtail

Right after I ordered mine, I went back to the Cabela's website. They were offering 10% discount with a $20 rewards bonus. So I signed up and got their card. My plan was to make sure that I could get one with the 10% discount and then I was going to send the other unit back and cancel the card :-)  I tried to use my new Cabela's credit card to make the purchase, but I did not have the security code. Long story short, contacted Cabela's customer service and they offered to give me the 10% plus the $20 in the form of a refund to my debit card purchase. I am more than pleased to have bought mine through Cabela's.

• Like 2