Watching For The Manticore Boat

PSPR

11 hours ago, TampaBayBrad said:

Man, that sucks. You think it's coming and then BOOM! Wait another 3 days! Ouch.

Mine came second day air FedEx signature required from Cabela's. If yours is signature required UPS, you better be there with your ears on for the knock or doorbell.

It is indeed "signature required."  If the driver actually shows up, I'll be ready...

Steve

8 hours ago, Daniel Tn said:

Ohhh man I hate that for you. I can relate! I live in a rural area and we actually get that quite a bit from UPS.  I've sat at home all day waiting for signature required packages that were out for delivery and they never come...later, get the same message about delivery attempts.  Very disappointing.  Especially if it's something you really need or wanted.  FedEx seems to be much better for getting packages on cue...at least they are here.  

Daniel,

Sounds like you know just what I'm talking about.  We are not exactly "rural" but several miles outside of town.  This is NOT the first time this has happened.  SO when the guy never showed, I was disappointed, and a bit upset, but not totally surprised.    But, when I saw the updated tracking info that said, "delivery attempted," that really pushed my buttons.  I would be much more understanding of "look, it got really late, my shift was supposed to end hours ago, and after a 12-hour shift, I still couldn't get all of my packages delivered," versus "I'll just lie and say I 'tried' to deliver, and cover my rear end by blaming the customer by saying it's their fault -- they were not home...and that way I'll avoid getting in trouble with my boss..."

Frustrating...

Steve

• Oh my! 1

3 hours ago, dsb said:

The worst i remember is when i used the truck tracking app.  that thing went by my house 4 times one Saturday and never stopped.    Drive a guy crazy.

Huh -- that's awful!   

And speaking of the "truck tracking app"...

My tracking info, as of Saturday morning, was showing "out for delivery," and "delivery expected between 7 PM and 8:30 PM."  So, shortly after 7 PM, I logged on to check tracking, to see how close the truck might be.  And guess where I found the truck?  Sitting, parked, 30 miles away, AT THE UPS DISTRIBUTION FACILITY.  And there it sat for the rest of the evening!  In other words, my driver -- who had had my package loaded on his truck that morning (hence the "out for delivery" status showing up on my tracking info) had already decided to quit his shift for the day BEFORE the time window that I was given as to when to expect delivery!  And he STILL had the nerve to mark the package as "delivery attempted..."

SO frustrating!

Anyway, I keep telling myself, it's just a toy; it will get here when it gets here.  The issue is, it's less about the package, and more the principle.  There are few things that bother me more than shoddy/lazy work, and a lack of conscientiousness, along with zero accountability...

OK, I'm done.  No more complaining, I promise.  Definitely a "first world" problem, so time to let it go and move on!

Steve

• Like 3

5 hours ago, steveg said:

OK, I'm done.  No more complaining, I promise.  Definitely a "first world" problem, so time to let it go and move on!

Yikes, hate to tell ya this Steve, but Monday is MLK Day, so y'all prepare for delivery on Tuesday. 🫤

Let's hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

41 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Yikes, hate to tell ya this Steve, but Monday is MLK Day, so y'all prepare for delivery on Tuesday. 🫤

Let's hope I'm wrong.

typed in does UPS deliver on MLK day in google

"There will be no mail delivery on Martin Luther King Jr. Day. FedEx and UPS will be delivering, however. FedEx Express and FedEx Ground Economy will be on a modified service schedule." 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well my Manticore arrived, it's on charge now, hopefully the initial charge doesn't take too long as I've got a 7 hour drive ahead of me to get back to my Caravan, but I am waiting for it to charge first so I'll be pulling a late nighter by the looks of it, especially if it takes 6-7 hours to charge, surely they're at least half full when you get them.

Minelab sent it to my dealer with DHL Express, then they sent it onto me with an overnight local courier, I was informed the dealer received 10 Manticores so I was lucky to get one, the other 30 odd people in NZ waiting after the 10 handed out probably are in it for the long haul, one guy I was talking to said he ordered his in September with the other NZ dealer which hasn't received any yet.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, phrunt said:

I've got a 7 hour drive ahead of me to get back to my Caravan, but I am waiting for it to charge first so I'll be pulling a late nighter by the looks of it, especially if it takes 6-7 hours to charge, surely they're at least half full when you get them.

With this choice, I'd make the drive right away with the detector plugged into a Power Delivery supply in the car. I keep a massive PD jump starter in my truck now because I had two batteries fail pulling my 40 foot toy hauler, which left me stuck in a diesel bay for about 2 hours until I could get someone to pull me out. 😀 Good use for it!

My truck has 110v outlets in it, so even the charger that fast charges the power supply would work.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, steveg said:

Well, UPS did not let me down a second time...

It here!

Steve
Manticore.JPG

Congrats, Steve. Looking forward to your observations on  settings for your manticore.

• Like 2