Watching For The Manticore Boat

PSPR

20 hours ago, steveg said:

Well, UPS did not let me down a second time...

It here!

Sounds great, and now we get to read all about your experiences -- almost as good for us!

• Like 5

17 hours ago, fishersari said:

sniff sniff.. smells like new 😁.. hope u like the full tones + rich + all metal..

Exactly where I started out, today, with the audio!  And I clicked well with that sound profile...

Steve

• Like 2

4 hours ago, FloridaSon said:

Dang, all my fav posters are getting Manticored!

Does being #8 at a small dealer help?

FloridaSon,

For what it's worth, I was #3 at a relatively small dealer; he has received I think 5 so far...

• Like 1

Nice first report. That upper limit is easy enough to adjust. I had it to 11 at one spot helped quite a bit still found lots of good targets and stopped the excessive falsing I was getting at that particular spot. Looking forward to more of your insight.

strick

• Like 2

10 hours ago, steveg said:

I called my buddy over with his Equinox, running recovery speed 3 (like I was),...

This brings up a question that's been bouncing around my head, and I think it applies to to the Eqx 900 as well:  do the numeric settings on the Manticore (or 900) correspond exactly to the same value settings on the Eqx 800?  Recovery speed and senstivity are two obvious ones, and I think many people are assuming the answer is 'yes' in both cases.  At this point (just from reading since I don't have my Manticore yet), I'm not at all sure but am WAGging towards 'no'.

I didn't see a mention of the 2-d screen in your post.  Currently are you simply concentrating on the audio, comparing/contrasting to the Eqx 800 audio?

Thanks for your reporting and ideas.  I know you want many tens of hours on this new detector before drawing any strong conclusions but it's good to see your brain's wheels turning as you proceed in that direction.

I've read the (currently) 15 page thread on the Dankowski forum which you've been a significant participant, asking Tom D. lots of questions while trying to understand its features, in some instances by comparing with the FBS detectors you know.  Your role has flipped here -- you're the Tom D. and I (and others) are the steveg.  😁

• Like 2

I’m confident the higher sensitivity numbers are higher and not just the same on a new scale, EMI handling is much better too, I did some side by sides with my 800 yesterday.  If the small coil is as sensitive as the Nox by using these higher sensitivity settings to make up for its bigger size my Nox is retired.  

I had to keep my beach hand scoop well above my control box or it’d pick it up with a 26 ID, felt like I was using a PI.

• Like 3

Not watching for the boat anymore!  Mine got here today.  Charging now.  About to pull it off the charger and take a spin around my coin garden before it gets dark and starts snowing again.

Going to take a few days and head south for some ghost towny stuff very soon.  Even that looks to be pretty frozen this coming weekend, so probably next weekend.

- Dave

• Like 5