Watching For The Manticore Boat

PSPR

31 minutes ago, phrunt said:

No the truck crash was a joke 🙂

The container ship hitting the iceberg was real though. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Jeez just get out and use an equinox for a while...Clean out an area of every target and when the manticore finally arrives you can see what the equinox missed.

Better than sitting at a computer complaining about it!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I really don't get the what's wrong posts.  The 700 and 900 only really needed a fairly minor software change to be ready to go on the tooling already set up for the Manticore.  Manticore only recently finalized software and the tolerances on the coils are MUCH tighter meaning lower production numbers anyway.[

Yesterday evening we received a message from Minelab that the first Minelabs MANTICORE for the European market have finally been cleared through customs.
They are expected to arrive at the European warehouses before Christmas.
Between Christmas and New Year's Eve, they are then expected at the European distributors, who can then ship them to their dealers.
The expectation is indeed only to their dealers because the number of the first shipment is probably too small to immediately have copies available for customers.
However, it has been promised that we will receive weekly supplies, so with the delay of the first batch at customs, the second delivery (number completely unknown!!) will hopefully follow very soon.
We will therefore have to grit our teeth for a while, but fortunately there are now good prospects.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Geordiedan said:

Apparently Kellyco were showing 50 in stock last night according to a post on another forum

There website still shows out of stock on the Manticore.  I think they have a long waiting list.  But they do show 17 Eqx900's in stock.

I really don't understand how these machines are trickling in so slow.  Where's the bottle neck?  One distributor told me this morning that his backlog for Manticores has grown from 700 to 800 in the last week or two. 

There is a dealer in the UAE that shows 1105 Manticores in stock on their webpage!  :smile:

I think Minelab has embarked on a strategy to release a dozen or two Manticores at a time.  They must not want the market to get a flood of detectors then suddenly see all the existing orders filled and a sudden drop in demand. 

The distributor here in Texas told me they won't have any until January and unless I ordered by early September I likely wouldn't get one yet regardless of what my dealer told me!  (I ordered in early October  :sad:)

But, I've been told, by another dealer they may have one for me Tuesday after Christmas.  If so, two day air and I may have it by Friday while the weather here is good again.  I'll just have to see if this happens.  Any more I am skeptical.