Watching For The Manticore Boat

PSPR

It appears to me the Manticores that have been delivered so far are a test run, and to claim they met the Christmas deadline. I am of the thinking the Manticore might not totally ready to go at this point. I would not doubt if the Manticore assembly line is sitting ideal waiting for final software tweaks at this point. Either that or Minelab did not even start manufacturing until very recently. Why else would they not be shipping?

• Like 4

Its all very strange, longbow62.  And why did they tell us at the end of November that the Manticores were shipping giving the impression that there would be boat loads of them available?  It takes a month or more to send them by boat and Minelab hasn't said anything about more shipping.  It seems the boats that arrived Dec. 9th and 12th were the new Equinox models.  And then what detectors were on the boat that arrived Dec. 20th.  I doubt all those 5600 lbs of detectors were other models.  And why is a trickle of Manticores appearing?  Where are they coming from if Minelab isn't just slow walking the Manticore?

Speculating and complaining isn't going to fix it, it's the same almost every major Minelab release, most people just expected it.

Do you have a dog? perhaps take it for a walk, I'm sure it'd love it and it would take your mind off your elusive Manticore.  you could even take your Legend for a spin and get it out of your system, you may even find stuff with it! 🙂

They could be weeks yet, even months, so all we can do is wait.  Let's just say to ourselves they're late as they found a last minute major issue which they're not going to recall the early ones over and just pretend it's not there, then we can pity the fools that got one early 🙂 That might make us feel better about the endless wait for this mythical Manticore.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Mythical Manticore is right!!!  I don't know what their problem is.  It could be hardware (I hope not) or software or even something else.  But, I feel better if I can vent -- especially since I've already paid months ago.  I was supposed to get one elsewhere last week but the east coast snow storm has that shipment sitting in Ohio the last I heard.  And MORE WAITING!

22 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Speculating and complaining isn't going to fix it, it's the same almost every major Minelab release, most people just expected it.

Agree, we are in the Minelab "curb your enthusiasm stage"

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, dsb said:

Agree, we are in the Minelab "curb your enthusiasm stage"

We are in Minelab "Hell", dsb.  Some here have been there before and are now resolved to just live with it.  I haven't and I'm not.  I feel like a SouthWest passenger who has been stranded in Backwater, Minnesota in a blizzard.

42 minutes ago, PSPR said:

We are in Minelab "Hell", dsb.  Some here have been there before and are now resolved to just live with it.  I haven't and I'm not.  I feel like a SouthWest passenger who has been stranded in Backwater, Minnesota in a blizzard.

It's kinda like maybe the inmates are running the Asylum?

• Like 2