Watching For The Manticore Boat

PSPR

2 hours ago, vive equinox said:

At this moment i dont see manticore in Europe 

i wonder what happen ? 
Any european received a manti ? 

The French distributor published yesterday that he had just received a small package of the manticore, according to the photos it looked like 2 units and that he would start receiving more from January

2 hours ago, Luis said:

The French distributor published yesterday that he had just received a small package of the manticore, according to the photos it looked like 2 units and that he would start receiving more from January

Ah okay, i bought the nox at the french dealer in 2019 i remember shipping for spain was free 

Spanish dealer dont will have in january ?

On 12/30/2022 at 12:39 PM, xpmoguy said:

On a lighter note, we had a break in the winter weather here in Oregon and the ground unthawed enough to get out a couple of times this week. I saddled up the old nag (my Nox800 😎) And took her for a spin in a heavily worked WW2 site.  

My old nag says your old nag can come live in our barn and keep her company any time. 😁

Daytona Beach this morning at low tide (80 degrees BTW). Really old crucifix, 14K old wedding ring (WG to MH) and a 1907 Barber dime.  Not a bad ending to 2022. I'm excited to try my Manticore (if I ever actually get one) but I agree, it's gonna have to be freakin' awesome to beat my 800.

20221231_133616b.jpg

20221231_133444 b.jpg

20221231_130024bc.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, vive equinox said:

Ah okay, i bought the nox at the french dealer in 2019 i remember shipping for spain was free 

Spanish dealer dont will have in january ?

nothing yet about the manticore but the strange thing is that they still haven't published anything about the equinox 700 and 900

If Minelab is doing this slow-roll out of the Manticore on purpose they're shooting themselves in the foot.  Euphoria has died down, Christmas is over 'til next year, numerous videos now on you-tube about excessive iron falsing (whether warranted or not). I've talked to several detectorists at the beach lately who've gone from "gotta-have-it-yesterday" to "meh, I'll wait and see." Not to mention weeks of utter silence on the part of Minelab after months of hype.  Seems to me like all of the above would translate into quite a few cancelled orders and lost sales.

• Like 3

On 12/28/2022 at 4:14 PM, TroyLPN said:

Best show ever!  The one where he plunks down a handful of muddy coins on a bar to pay for drinks....I'm like "I've did that!!"  😂

I used to use the dirty ones for bridge toll haha I loved the toll attendants that expected one to wait for them to count the dirty clad, I'd always assure them it's all there as I drove off reminding them they're getting paid not me 🤠

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, xpmoguy said:

Those are some very interesting finds. How old do you think that ring is?  I My detecting buddy found a gold band last summer on the California trail. It was not marked, and my jeweler buddy said they didn't stamp the content purity before 1854. Florida sure looks appealing compared to our freezing world... Here is a find from last year...it doesn't get much better than this in my neck of the woods.

PXL_20211019_193825410_2.jpg

PXL_20211019_193835740_2.jpg

My #1 bucket list find right there!  I probably dig enough gold jewelry on the beach every year to make 2 or 3 of them...but still not the same as finding one of those!  The ring was found near the barber and there was no stamp so I'm guessing probably 1890-1920. 

We're finding some really cool old stuff since the hurricanes.  Did you see the news about the old ship from the 1800's that got exposed at Daytona Shores?  I did go detecting at the beach near it a few times and found a few older peices of silver jewelry, nothing spectacular. I made sure to stay at least 100 yards from the actual wreck though.  You should come visit us with your detector!  It was 82 degrees down there yesterday and there are old silver coins being found every day from Ormond down to Ponce Inlet.  Fun times!

12 hours ago, xpmoguy said:

Those are some very interesting finds. How old do you think that ring is?  I My detecting buddy found a gold band last summer on the California trail. It was not marked, and my jeweler buddy said they didn't stamp the content purity before 1854. Florida sure looks appealing compared to our freezing world... Here is a find from last year...it doesn't get much better than this in my neck of the woods.

PXL_20211019_193825410_2.jpg

PXL_20211019_193835740_2.jpg

The Holy Grail!   That would pay for a LOT of detectors!   Lol

• Like 1