Quick Manticore Hunt

So I did another beach hunt with the Manticore. Some things about it I noticed. It loves saturated sand after the high tide recedes. It responded well to a deep silver half dollar and a deep silver quarter in that saturated sand. Hit them both at around 10-12" I know everyone is worried about the iron reading good. Yes it does and it reads right around the TID of 40-50 and again pegged at 98-99. But if you use all the things you have learned about iron you can dig very little of it on the beach. I dug iron just to make sure I was calling it correctly and was about 80% accurate. Those of you who are worried about lobster cage pieces, here's what I found out. They hit well in the 40's-50's range  (or 98-99) depending on which way you hit them, and will read on the non ferrous line. But at 90 degrees, the should read opposite of what the first angle was.. They will also not pinpoint where the best tone is achieved. They will also start to build into the upper iron range once you pinpoint them. A real target will be quicker to respond and not as drawn out as the lobster pieces. Non ferrous just sounds tighter and more consistent in TID. Turn 90 degrees and if the target is not sharp, I would suspect iron. Very deep targets may stray a bit from this but generally sound quiet but solid and pinpoint correctly. Give it a try and let me know if you get the same results. Off to clean today's stuff and post what I found later in my beach thread.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Here is a video that shows what I was talking about in the last post. Go to time stamp 5:42 and you will notice the numbers hit into the low 90's one way but turning 90 degrees the signal breaks up and the numbers drop to the low 60's. I think it starts to build in the upper iron range on the 2dD graph when the numbers are in the 60's. He digs a nail that pinpointed in the center but was really off to the side. This is the best way to ignore tricky iron that I have seen.

• Like 1