Calabash Borrows A Ml Manticore Then Gets Into The Iron Without A Magnet.. Help Needed

HardPack

Calabach Digger has a few YouTube videos addressing the ML Manticore giving false & confusing signals on “old iron targets” on an “iron carpeted” site. I think he may be dealing with an in-ground iron/rust halo effect that the Manticore is actually detecting. Ground water moving down may be causing the iron rust to travel out and down from the iron target creating a rust/halo effect. With multiple closely spaced iron targets the iron/rust halos may be overlapping. The Manticore 2D screen show the target starting at or near the upper iron limit then curving off and down towards the non-ferrous mid line. I think the detector is indicating what is being detected. The high point being the actual iron target then tailing off to non-ferrous as the rust concentration decreases out and away from the actual iron target. If the halos overlap or are in close proximity to each other it may appear the iron target has relocated to avoid being found. Calabach as indicated in other videos that his ground does not require ground balancing the detector. If so, in this case ground balancing not over the iron target but over an rust/halo area may help cancel out this specific ground conditions. Does anyone have any insight and/or input that may help him figure this out.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, strick said:

I commented on his you tube channel... and was told to shut my mouth 🤣

strick 

Wow!  That was pretty rude of him depending upon what you said.

I like CD but sometimes his getting upset with his subscriber's suggestions is pretty funny.  In his video today he was back at his iron infested test site and said he WAS NOT going to circle the targets looking for clues as a subscriber suggested.  Then not a minute later he did exactly that.  :biggrin:

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, PSPR said:

Wow!  That was pretty rude of him depending upon what you said.

I like CD but sometimes his getting upset with his subscriber's suggestions is pretty funny.  In his video today he was back at his iron infested test site and said he WAS NOT going to circle the targets looking for clues as a subscriber suggested.  Then not a minute later he did exactly that.  :biggrin:

I mean why wouldn't he...its detecting 101 🙄

strick

• Like 2

One approach might be to grid off a manageable area for that day’s hunt. Leave the pin pointer in the truck, use a super magnet mounted on either a pick or the end a (broom) stick. Set the detector to “all metal”, ground balance the detector, sweep across the grid locating and removing all targets, hog them them out with the shovel this is not an archeological dig, level the shovel piles, scan with the detector coil to located the target, hit it with the magnet, bag it if iron, scoop if not, don’t brother backfilling holes yet, you want to blend the dirt for the next pass. After removing all targets at this level of the grid then rake, blend, backfill & level. Now re-ground balance the detector within the grid and repeat the above. All metal, dig all and repeated ground balancing. Don’t give up at the end of the season just because the wife left you for the detector salesman. You will have the admiration of the children or at least I have read. Good Luck, now get her done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't know why people care what he says or does.... he's the guy that said the Deus 2 is good on gold nuggets.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

• The title was changed to Calabash Borrows A Ml Manticore Then Gets Into The Iron Without A Magnet.. Help Needed