Manticore In Iron (nail Beds)

strick

1 hour ago, Dug D said:

I think you could test the faint volume with air tests, I always lower iron volume a lot, but still here it, and keep non ferrous higher. I like it better than using discrimination and nulling out a threshold tone on iron.

Same here All metal + 1 Region All tones aka full tones + rich profile with lower iron volumes 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, PSPR said:

Strick, I was wondering how you are checking target size to eliminate aluminum cans.  Are you checking size with pinpoint?

Nah just swing the coil over it...easy enough for me. Small round objects like coins and rings hit more precise then can slaw which I have dug my share of but still do just to make sure 🙂

strick 

• Like 2

So the video PSPR posted with the guy with the European accent at the beginning. Did anyone notice the red cross hair around the target? Did they just add that in post production? I have not seen the red cross hairs in any other video. I noticed the numbers were red instead with a red line under the numbers. Could there be different software versions on the test machines?  

• Like 1

Longbow62, I noticed the TID numbers were red in addition to the red line under the number for iron.  I think there are a few versions Minelab is testing to update the Manticore software.  I read a post that said NASA-Tom was testing a version that is two or three version numbers ahead of the version shipping with the detector.

Maybe Simon is right in that Minelab is holding up Manticore production until they get some newly found bugs worked out of the software.  I'm sure they are upset about the videos CD is putting out about the Manticore.  Especially after they apparently (according to CD) sent him a free one for testing.

• Like 1

I'm going to post this new video from Iffy Signals here.  He takes the Manticore and the Deus II into a relic site and runs both detectors over somewhat good targets before digging.  I think Iffy gives a much much better comparison of what's going on with both machines in the iron.  Very good video IMHO.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, PSPR said:

Longbow62, I noticed the TID numbers were red in addition to the red line under the number for iron.  I think there are a few versions Minelab is testing to update the Manticore software.  I read a post that said NASA-Tom was testing a version that is two or three version numbers ahead of the version shipping with the detector.

Maybe Simon is right in that Minelab is holding up Manticore production until they get some newly found bugs worked out of the software.  I'm sure they are upset about the videos CD is putting out about the Manticore.  Especially after they apparently (according to CD) sent him a free one for testing.

I'd really like to see the ability to reduce/adjust the target trace display decay time. I believe it's always 5 seconds. maybe it would show adjacent targets and their locations a bit better if you could drop it down to 2 or 3 seconds.

I believe TomD mentioned version '59'. the production SW version is 5.12.0+50

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Redneck said:

Calabash did not get a manticore from minelab, but rather borrowed it from his friend Dan for 10 days. 

That was the first Manticore he was using, Redneck.  After he got his own, he posted a video saying that both Minelab and XP sent him the detectors he is using and without obligation.  It's on Youtube if you care to search for it.

Here is the video.  Start watching at about the 1:20 time.

• Like 2

I went on another hunt today. A ball field built over a old home site with lots trash can slaw and some deep iron. Started out like I normally do in the general mode noise cancel manual ground balance sensitivity at 24. Recovery at 5.  Machine was falsing a lot. I dropped the sensitivity to 20 still doing the same thing. Moved the ferrous limit (top line) to 11. Helped some but it was not till I dropped the sensitivity to 14 and recovery to 6 that it stopped falsing and was what I would call a smooth running machine. I’m not sure how much depth I lost as the coins still hit hard but most were shallow and this park is only about 10 years old...it was finding some deep can slaw still. I also increased the iron volume a little and had a low hum on the threshold. Hunting wide open screen which it what I prefer as I want to hear everything if not too noisy... I’ll have to try these lower sensitive settings at an older park where the coins are much deeper and see how that goes. The machine as it stands right now will require fine tuning for specific sites as it runs differently per site, today I was hunting in sandy loam type soil. 

Strick

• Like 5