You Poor People Up North!

PSPR

Yikes!!!  I grew up in Omaha so I know what cold winters are.  Well, there are worse places for cold but I lived in Florida for a few years, too.  Absolutely loved the winter in Florida but the summer humidity was unbearable if I weren't on the beach or in a pool (or in the A/C).  I didn't like the rats, the bugs and the mold growing on everything, though.  It's always a trade off.

I spent a few winters around Brownsville years back.  Everything wants to bite, stick or pinch a dumb Ioweegan😄  The first time i saw a Vinegaroon i think i sprained every muscle in my body!  Flying cockroaches you can have too, just ain't right! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dsb said:

I spent a few winters around Brownsville years back.  Everything wants to bite, stick or pinch a dumb Ioweegan😄  The first time i saw a Vinegaroon i think i sprained every muscle in my body!  Flying cockroaches you can have too, just ain't right! 

Palmeto bugs.  LOL

Got this from the web, not me but not saying i don't feel the same. 

My Encounter with a Palmetto Bug

Once, while in New Orleans, I saw a cockroach on a kitchen counter. I think it saw me, too. I’m pretty sure of this, because the cockroach stood up on its back legs, making the terrifyingly large bug appear even bigger, and it hissed at me. I now know that Madagascar hissing cockroaches aren’t the only species of roaches that can audibly alert you to their discontent. Next, there was a kind of showdown. The cockroach spread its wings. It seemed to be gauging my reaction to determine if I would have the courage to confront it with the shoe I had taken off of my foot for the purpose of squashing it. Sensing that I was indeed planning on making a move, the cockroach leapt into the air with a flurry of beating wings and flew straight towards my face, sending me ducking for cover. The battle ended with me grabbing a can of Raid so I could kill the roach from a distance. I would have to say the Palmetto bug won that showdown.  I now have PBTSD: Palmetto Bug Traumatic Stress Disorder.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Don't care if it is a Manticore or not because it's -4 here with a -30 degree wind chill. I am not going outside for anything until it warms up. Well maybe to go get some real food and catch up with some friends. First more sleep and then get out.

• Like 3

On 12/23/2022 at 7:25 PM, dsb said:

badminton racket - hand/eye coordination.  🐞

Storm missed us by just a wee bit to the east - all we got was deep powder for the snowmobiling and skiing. Keeps the snowblower and wood burning stove busy. Hope everybody stays safe in the winter weather.  Merry Christmas.

Rich

• Like 2

7 hours ago, UtahRich said:

badminton racket - hand/eye coordination.  🐞

I've got an electrified racket right next to my recliner.  Anything comes flying by had better keep moving before I can grab my racket!!  There is a very satisfying feeling after you hear that "ZAP".   :biggrin:

• Like 2

Greetings from Montana and Merry Christmas! It was -34F here on Thursday, but has warmed up to 40 today.

IMG_0539.JPG

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1