Manticore Coin ID #s

Dug D

I've been running it at 5-7 and have not noticed much difference but I will pay closer attention to that as I go...Thanks!

strick 

20 hours ago, Dug D said:

Hi Strict, I wonder if you up the recovery speed if your ID narrows down to just one or two numbers ? 

I know lower RS goes deeper but maybe higher will improve the VID ?

I think higher recovery speed basically cuts off the signal more quickly than lower RS.  Thus the processor gets less information to analyze.  Less information should result in less precise VDI's, i.e. broader a spread in VDI values.  (Just my hypothesis -- maybe oversimplified?)

I have way agree, but I was thinking a quicker snapshot would have less soil it was reading. You are probably right and maybe lowering RS and or a slow sweep has less variation, as I look back I do usually slow way down just before I decide to dig, if it got worse I wouldn't dig, I guess I wasn't thinking real hard when I made that comment. 

I just came beach from a beach hunt and grass hunt with the Manticore. I had spent a lot of time doing air tests on pull tabs vs gold rings. Air test told me 10 -20 is the smaller gold rings. Bigger rings were in the 50's. Pull tabs were 21-45. So, I hit this grassy dirt beach field that is littered with pull tabs. Think football fields full of people at the beach for 50+ years and you get an idea of  how many tabs are there. Machine gun sounds. So, how did the air test #'s hold up against the ground (real world) hunting? First there is EMI from the buildings and street power lines. The Manticore handled that pretty well. Ran it in General terrain mode sens 25. The numbers were bouncy and the pull tabs numbers shifted  into the gold category. This didn't allow for any cherry picking of gold. This is just my first trip doing dirt,  but I didn't find the numbers to be very tight like we all want them to be. Dimes bounced around, sometimes 5 numbers off. I will say it bangs on coins in the first 6" way better than the Equinox. After 6" it's still good but the numbers bounce more. This is a field that others have found huge amounts of silver over the years, but left the clad and copper cents. I was lucky to stumble upon a deep silver half at @ 9". It heard it well, along with a silver dime  about 4" away from it. So I think it will take some time to work things out..

• Like 5

On 12/21/2022 at 2:18 PM, phrunt said:

The only ID's I care about are the Gold Sovereigns, half and full.  If anyone knows them for the Nox 900 or Manticore that'd be great. 

On the Nox they come in 15 for the half and 18 for the full.

soverigns.jpg.f64385005c6d49af50bce4896a572528.jpg

Always interested in other peoples ID numbers , I think they vary a little due to mode used and ground value . I have found one Sovereign and a half with the Nox . The Sov. in ground was a 17 , 17 , 18 signal while my half was a solid 15 in ground and out . Mt two Sov's are a solid 18 out of ground . A gold Guinea I found was a solid 18 in ground . I will test these with the Manticore and post the results in this topic area .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1