Looking Forward This Spring For The 6x9.5 Coil For The Legend

It will be great relic hunting coil and I'm looking forward to see if it will be my lake hunter. Will be testing it on a gold ring in a sandy beach this spring. 

I wonder why the top of the coil isn't flat. Is that for looks or is there a reason for that.

Coil 1.jpg

• Like 3

The stock LG28 has a similar top but not as pronounced.   I'm hoping Nokta has made some improvements in their SMF coil tech.  Dilek stated the new LG 30 will separate better than the stock LG28, which seemed a surprising thing to say off hand so I assume they have documented some improvements in performance. They took enough time to develop them to do so.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I wonder if more coils are planned. I would like to see a 9" round coil with 1 stabilizer bar across the coil like Xp coils. I am liking the Legend a lot. No new detectors for me right now. I keep watching to see what Garrett comes out with.

I'm also wondering why the controller on the Legend weighs 1 lb at the top of the handle. I weighted it. I know the battery is in the controller and it adds weight. Better build quality adds weight.

My detectors:

Nokta Legend, Tesoro Tejon, Xp Orx, Nokta Gold Kruzer & Garrett 24k. Planning on  getting a used Nokta Gold Racer. The gold detectors have incredible separation.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

I wonder if more coils are planned. I would like to see a 9" round coil with 1 stabilizer bar across the coil like Xp coils. I am liking the Legend a lot. No new detectors for me right now. I keep watching to see what Garrett comes out with.

I'm also wondering why the controller on the Legend weighs 1 lb at the top of the handle. I weighted it. I know the battery is in the controller and it adds weight. Better build quality adds weight.

My detectors:

Nokta Legend, Tesoro Tejon, Xp Orx, Nokta Gold Kruzer & Garrett 24k. Planning on  getting a used Nokta Gold Racer. The gold detectors have incredible separation.

Rick, I'm thinking like you about really liking the Legend and no new detectors for me right now either. Tom

• Thanks 1

I'm set for probably a long time. I will purchase each new Legend coil as it is introduced. I think Nokta will make a Concentric coil for the Legend at some point.  I will look hard at the promised Nokta PI machine. I expect it to be very versatile with an emphasis on Relic & Beach detecting. Some reliable Iron Disc too and a very reasonable price point. I would like to try a really good PI on my red dirt relic sites.

• Like 2

That coil should be fine for water hunting, no big reinforcement ribs that act like paddles. Curious how that would work for prospectors. If it's sensitive enough maybe Nokta make closed scuffs for it for that purpose.

No new machines here either, still doing fine with my current line up and really happy with single tones. I like things simple :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Got my first batch of LG24 coils. I really like the design on them - quite a few little differences to previous 24 sized coils. 

• Like 7

I am really on the fence about the new 9.5x6 inch coil for the legend, watched a video by History Revisited doing a comparison test between the little 6 inch round coil and the new 9.5x6 coil and the 6 inch round coil out performed the 9.5x6

here is the Video

20 hours ago, PhaseTech said:

Got my first batch of LG24 coils. I really like the design on them - quite a few little differences to previous 24 sized coils. 

please let us know how you like the new 9.5x 6 inch coil

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DSMITH said:

I am really on the fence about the new 9.5x6 inch coil for the legend, watched a video by History Revisited doing a comparison test between the little 6 inch round coil and the new 9.5x6 coil and the 6 inch round coil out performed the 9.5x6

here is the Video

What I saw was two targets completely surrounded (i.e., 360 degrees) within a few inches by iron at 6 and 8 inches deep that the 6-inch round coil could sneak in there on the 8 inch target (he said that neither coil would stop you on the 6 inch target) while the 9.5 inch long coil struggled.  No big surprise there. Right tool for the job.  That's not an overall demonstration of the LG15 outperforming the LG24, it's simply confirming the fact that a LG24 will have more targets underneath it in a 360 machine gun iron environment and you'd be better off with the LG15.  No kidding.

Would really like to see a clean, in-ground depth comparison between the two (and the 11" stock for that matter).  Those nightmare 360 degree iron surrounded target conditions are few and far between and I really prefer the benefits of the small elliptical without the large round coil weight and swing penalty or small round coil coverage penalty.  If I'm going to bolt that coil on, would prefer it to be more versatile than a specialty one-trick pony like the 6-inch round.  JMO

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Looking Forward This Spring For The 6x9.5 Coil For The Legend