Looking Forward This Spring For The 6x9.5 Coil For The Legend

12 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

What I saw with two targets completely surrounded (i.e., 360 degrees) within a few inches by iron at 6 and 8 inches deep that the 6-inch round coil could sneak in there on the 8 inch target (he said that neither coil would stop you on the 6 inch target) while the 9.5 inch long coil struggled.  No big surprise there. Right tool for the job.  That's not an overall demonstration of the LG15 outperforming the LG24, it's simply confirming the fact that a LG24 will have more targets underneath it in a 360 machine gun iron environment and you'd be better off with the LG15.  No kidding.

Would really like to see a clean, in-ground depth comparison between the two (and the 11" stock for that matter).  Those nightmare 360 degree iron surrounded target conditions are few and far between and I really prefer the benefits of the small elliptical without the large round coil weight and swing penalty or small round coil coverage penalty.  If I'm going to bolt that coil on, would prefer it to be more versatile than a specialty one-trick pony like the 6-inch round.  JMO

I do understand what you are saying about using the rite tool for the task at hand, and it is only one video, hopefully there will be some more test video's come out that are real world testing and not in some planted bed, heck no one that I know of even has either of the new coils to even try yet so we shall wait and see 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I’d post some beach finds up after using the LG24 for the last couple of weeks along the coast here.

First thing I have to say is wow... how easy it is to swing for extended sessions on the beach compared with the stock 11” coil. And it does not seem to lack much in depth either (on the targets I’m digging anyway). Obviously ground coverage is less, but my swinging sessions are longer without the fatigue factor, so call it square.

Pretty sensitive too on the fine gold chains.... all in all I’m very impressed with the lightness and balance of this little beast. It ain’t coming off anytime soon.

Both diamond rings have been professionally cleaned and appraised as 18ct. white gold with VS1 clarity and F/G colour stones..... I almost choked when I first saw them in the scoop...... my best detecting finds ever. 😃

C3885E36-06EA-4A37-9C9B-B39B652CC32E.jpeg

C8AB74DF-EBC0-474C-A217-ED123363B4BF.jpeg

B7EF8D7C-CDF1-49CD-8FF9-0D7C88D0A2AF.jpeg

A3612455-3233-4013-83B0-EF2D1580DAB8.jpeg

CE58B241-7EAF-4476-B54F-B9A82BDDEA39.jpeg

54A549F3-084D-483A-ACC4-F90A4FBBA20D.jpeg

• Like 8

• The title was changed to Looking Forward This Spring For The 6x9.5 Coil For The Legend